BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

BODY SWAP a 2004 M13A onto a 1999 G13BB chassis

• Dirtbird
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jan 2022 15:38 #240961 by Dirtbird
Scimike perfect thanks man.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
07 Jan 2022 17:50 #240962 by Riccy

Lads I cannot remember if this is connected to anything?

That is the charcoal vent can for the fuel tank. That thing your pointing at is supposed to have a loose fitting cap on rather than a pipe ;-)

You can connect it to a hose and up to a high point, but dont link it to your diff/Gbox/Tbox breathers.

And on the subject of breathers... Dont link the diffs to the gearbox's if possible, especially with air lockers (if you have them). I blew a bung on the gearbox by having it connected to the rear diff breather when a seal gave out on the air locker and pressuried the whole axle housing to 90psi, then spat 90psi into the gearbox   

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
07 Jan 2022 20:02 #240963 by Roger Fairclough
Leakage on the seals on an ARB locker is a fault that I have heard of before. I know a lot of people love them, but there are other designs that don't require compressed air and are all the better for it.

Just my personal opinion.

Roger

• Dirtbird
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2022 20:48 - 08 Jan 2022 20:53 #240980 by Dirtbird
Well, 3 years later I'm on the point of taking the bipolar Jimny for a spin tomorrow at long last. 

Changed bonnet cable, bled the brakes, and painted the floor under the back seats. Hope to be driving by tomorrow  .

Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Jan 2022 20:53 by Dirtbird.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Jan 2022 06:47 #240984 by Lambert
Looking good, the hard work is paying off!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

• Dirtbird
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2022 20:05 #241003 by Dirtbird
Riccy 
I found the cap for the charcoal thingy thanks man. Ok re the breathers dont have lockers in the diffs so hope to get away with it. Thanks Riccy.

• Dirtbird
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2022 20:09 #241004 by Dirtbird
Didn't get out for a spin today was just picking my way through odds and ends. Bumper, wheel arches, replacement bulbs, new radio aerial . ........

• Dirtbird
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2022 21:00 #241290 by Dirtbird
Ok ABS AirBag and Engine Warning light all resolved.
New issues are enging not starting . ...........so will stick on the OBDII in the morning and see what the computer say.

• Dirtbird
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2022 12:28 - 19 Jan 2022 12:32 #241298 by Dirtbird
Got really lucky last night. Was able to swap clock spring from Donor to build. The Air Bag light now goes through the test sequence and then extinguishes. Martin thank you for the advice. 
So this morning with a heavy heart I went out to the Jimny thinking a lot of things like "please don't have me lift the body off again to do a fuel pump swap " or "please don't let it be the ECU" or "please don't let it be a damaged fuel line". 

So I sat in and turned the key and there was on buzz /hum from the fuel pump priming in the back just before ignition. So it's either electrical or mechanical at the pump. Had a look in the main fuse box beside the battery all the big fuses are intact and all the 15 amp blue ones are intact also. So power is being sent to all locations, Right beside that fuse box is the location of 2 relays one is the main and the second is the Fuel pump relay .
So I was able to reach the key and listen to feel a click in the realy and the main one-clicked but nothing out of the fuel pump relay . So got the two relays out of the donor and gave them a spray of contact cleaner and popped one in and bang, the pump primed and Jimny ticked over the first turn, and is now kicking over better than it has been since the rebuild. 
What I noticed up to yesterday evening was Jimny was icking over  650/700 rpm on the OBDii app almost stalling and just wondering was this a warning sign. I was doing a lot of on-off yesterday as I checking the AIRBAG  light was really staying off and this might have cooked the relay but thats my advice .
Jimny not getting fuel to start, check the fuel pump primer relay first. 

Last edit: 19 Jan 2022 12:32 by Dirtbird.

• Dirtbird
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2022 12:55 #241300 by Dirtbird
Found this helpful

• Dirtbird
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2022 21:36 #241315 by Dirtbird
Ive to clean the ERG valve..........at least I now have a way of reading the OBDII ........Im accepting of error codes given the Jimnys been off the road a while waiting to be rebuilt anyway the voyage continues

• Dirtbird
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2022 14:53 #241361 by Dirtbird
Out of the Shed and on the move .............
Happy to have it back running again ,just need to spray it and do some small jobs . 

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds