BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

WAS DIRTYDOGZ JIMNY(SOFT TOP)

• nicho
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Oct 2011 08:31 #23310 by nicho
Replied by nicho on topic Re: DIRTYDOGZ JIMNY
looks taller than 2 inch but probly is untill the shocks settel is that right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2011 12:07 #23318 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re: DIRTYDOGZ JIMNY
I was happy with my spacer lift until i saw your "after" pics.

Looks good. B)

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
09 Oct 2011 14:36 - 17 Apr 2012 21:14 #23325 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: DIRTYDOGZ JIMNY
Thank you for all your comments on the lift, i'm very pleased with the result,it look more like a 3" lift than a 2" :dry:
So it might be panhard rods next :angry:
l will have to start saving my pocket money.;)

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 17 Apr 2012 21:14 by dirtydogz.

More
09 Oct 2011 15:15 #23329 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Re: DIRTYDOGZ JIMNY
nice job B)
want one :sick:

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Oct 2011 16:20 #23336 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: DIRTYDOGZ JIMNY
put the spacers on as well :evil:

More
09 Oct 2011 16:52 - 17 Apr 2012 21:16 #23344 by dirtydogz
No way, my little jack russell having a job to jump in to the jimny now.
before the lift

After the lift

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2012 21:16 by dirtydogz.

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Oct 2011 06:07 #23397 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Re: DIRTYDOGZ JIMNY
looks good B)

• nicho
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2011 13:53 #23845 by nicho
has the suspension gone down at all now from when you first put it on.and hows your handaling now

More
17 Oct 2011 15:21 - 20 Jun 2012 20:58 #23857 by dirtydogz
Yes the suspension has settle down now, and steering is a little bit lighter, but with the big jimny steering damper kit it still ok, I'm very happy with the lift :)

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jun 2012 20:58 by dirtydogz.

• nicho
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2011 15:27 - 17 Oct 2011 16:29 #23858 by nicho
like it alot, do rear shock relocation brackets lift the body slightly im confused,i were thinking if you put 1.5 inch shock relocation brackets on on ther own you would lift the body up but not to 1.5 inch because they would compress a bit more.i were just thinking that i could lift the rear slightly more by fitting them.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2011 16:29 by nicho.

More
17 Oct 2011 16:41 - 17 Apr 2012 21:18 #23875 by dirtydogz
No the rear relocation brackets don't lift the body, they make the the shocks 1.5" longer when you fit the 1.5" spring spacers.

www.bigjimny.com/store/

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2012 21:18 by dirtydogz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicho

More
04 Dec 2011 18:00 - 19 Aug 2012 10:15 #27236 by dirtydogz
Fitting a 2"(50mm)or 3"(75mm) lift.
If you got a set of longer brake hoses fit them first this is only on the 3"lift, not needed on the 2" lift but you can fit them if you won't to.

You will also need to fit some rear shock brackets on the 2" and 3" lift, If you think you need them you can also fit a set of caster correction + adjustable pan-hard rods this is up to you.

Next (WD40) all the nuts and bolts on the shocks for about 2 days before starting.

Start with the rear axle first,undo the wheel nuts a little,then jack up on the axle or the chassis on both sides and lower on to axle stands as close to the radius arms as possible , so the tyres are about 2"to 3" off the ground,now remove the wheels.

Next place the trolley jack in the middle of the rear axle, jack it up so you can remove the nuts+bolts from the old shocks.

The top bolts on the rear shocks might be seized on so take your time until the (WD40) has done it's job if they undo with no trouble go on to the next stage of the job, if not don't fit the lift springs with the old shocks, refit the old springs until you can remove the top bolts.

Next lower the axle down keeping an eye on the old brake pipe on the 2" lift,(don't over stretch it) that's if you haven't fitted the longer brake hoses, now remove the old rear springs.

Next it's time to fit the new springs you might need some help from a mate, to help you fit the springs back on, or as l did used a length of wood just to lever the axle down a little more to get the new springs back on, now jack the axle back up so the springs sit back in the axle saddles.

Now it's time to fit the stock brackets and shocks if you are using pro comp shocks you will need to cut the top bush rubbers and sleeves to fit in to the shock mountings. just measure one of old top stock bushes.

Now do the front the same way as the back, It helps to undo two bolts on the stabiliser link which hold the axle to the anti roll-bar.

If you need the axles to drop a little more with the 3" lift you will need to remove one of the panhard rod bolts.

When your finished (CHECK) all the nuts +bolts+ wheel nuts are tight.
Hope this helps.
DIRTYDOGZ
:woohoo:
www.bigjimny.com/store/
www.jimnybits.co.uk/shop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=1
www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/index.php

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Aug 2012 10:15 by dirtydogz.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds