× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Aug 2024 20:44 #257151 by Lambert
Smooth internal bore is going to help but it still doesn't look even vaguely oe even a little bit. Good that you are still getting support though.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2024 12:26 - 10 Aug 2024 12:29 #257152 by yakuza
Removing trailer hitch and back box exhaust to get to the rust hole and weld it.

I Will be welding some steel rod loops to the hitch bracket before sending it off to be properly powder coated. 

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Aug 2024 12:29 by yakuza.

More
25 Aug 2024 20:43 - 28 Aug 2024 07:53 #257350 by DrRobin
I took my Jimny to the local 4x4 club trial today and bounced it round a very hilly, twisty course trying to stay between the garden canes, I grounded on soft grass three or four times and had a back wheel in the air a couple of times, but kept my Jimny moving.

After 8 courses me, a Landy and a Grenadier had all scored zero penalty points so we had a play off, which saw the Grenadier go out in to third and me and a 90 battled for first place. Despite some steep hills/dips and tight turns we couldn’t be separated after three courses so we both came joint first.

I was very pleased, especially as it was my first trial, hopefully pictures to follow.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Last edit: 28 Aug 2024 07:53 by DrRobin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley, Motacilla

More
25 Aug 2024 21:43 #257351 by Martin416
Sounds like a cracking day out!

SJ416 spi, 33s, Cage, Rocklobster

More
01 Sep 2024 18:37 #257397 by Mike G
Over the past week, I've been prepping, priming and coating my wheels, bumpers and antenna mount with raptor coat, two coats of raptor on all.  Took a bit of effort and used up 3 bottles of raptor, but pleased with the results.  Here's hoping it lasts a long time.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Attachments:

More
05 Sep 2024 13:02 - 05 Sep 2024 13:31 #257445 by GandHisJimny
My partner was driving the Jimmer and leant too hard on my cheap aftermarket arm rest, cracking the top of it. Booooo.

Took to eBay and saw an official Gen 3 armrest (complete with instructions, screws and in original Suzuki packaging) was listed for £30! Bought it in a flash and it has arrived today. Going to fit it and see how I like it but very pleased to get it so cheap. Especially because this one preserves a cup holder where my old rubbish one used both.

A blessing in disguise that my AliExpress one got destroyed

Edit: Looks like it's stamped April 2nd 2004! This thing is time a time capsule, got that slightly sticky old plastic feel lol. Will clean up just fine though. Part number 99000-990YC-583.

File Attachment:

Jimmer II (2007 JLX+ auto in black & silver) : Android head unit, Black Raptor Steering Damper, Yokohama Geolandar G015s, rear cabin light, OEM wind deflectors
Last edit: 05 Sep 2024 13:31 by GandHisJimny.

More
05 Sep 2024 20:31 #257446 by Soeley

More
05 Sep 2024 21:17 #257448 by DrRobin
I trust your partner is paying.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
06 Sep 2024 10:39 - 06 Sep 2024 10:40 #257458 by yakuza
Put 25mm spring spacers in the rear springs. Mostly to compensate for the car with trailer and fire wood, and camping stuff is getting too low in the rear on trips. The trailmaster 2" springs might have sagged a bit too from age and wear.
My springs pop out a bit from their seats when offroading so I think there is no need for any more mods.
I Might add damper spacer brackets later if needed.

Generally i do not approve of spring spacers as my impression is that they are technically inferior.
Or maybe i am just a snob.

Looks OK though and the car do not look like it is too high in the back unloaded.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2024 10:40 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
11 Sep 2024 18:40 #257505 by Mike G
Finally got time to update the exhaust and manifold.  I had a stainless system with the original manifold on previously, but it looked a little out of place due to the smaller rear bumper exposing the large muffler.  4-2-1 manifold was wrapped in preparation for the heat shield being removed and new exhaust fitted. A marked difference in performance.  Going up hills is a lot less of a gamble in high gear, it also looks a lot better, albeit a little louder.  Next job is to sound deaden the cabin space.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gv42, Soeley

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Sep 2024 16:01 #257532 by Lambert
Yet another set of roof bars.  These I think look a little less me and a little more shop bought. Still need to get some more hardware to complete the install but happy not to have the foam lagging anymore. Will be interested in how quiet the aero profile is at proper speed but so far so good. 

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds