BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now closed at 148 vehicles!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 May 2024 04:30 #256101 by Lambert
You are expected to drill a huge hole in the floor on a new car? I would go to great lengths to avoid doing that if it were mine.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2024 23:05 #256112 by Bob9863
I did, I actually removed the tow bar, I'm going to get a factory o b e fitted, I can change the tow bar later, but I want the factory harness.

More
28 May 2024 06:51 - 28 May 2024 06:52 #256125 by Hughes
Finished off prepping the block for machining. Just needs a wee skim off the top. Head gasket failed as per my thread a while ago, and ate away the tops of the sleeves between cylinders. 

Vee'd out and welded the exhaust manifold underneath where it had cracked as well.    
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 May 2024 06:52 by Hughes.

More
29 May 2024 23:48 #256135 by Bob9863
A couple of upgrades yesterday, Imy battery finally arrived so I ser up the dual battery system to run the fridge, mount, Redarc 25amp dc/dc charger and a 50ah invicta slim line battery.
but according to the app it actually holds 54.5ah, so it is probably 50ah with a but in reserve to stop full draining, comes with a 7 tear warranty which is great peace of mind. It was also 74% charged when I installed it, but after about 20min if driving it's at 100%.

The 2nd thing was a custom rear shelf, fully carpeted so I can fit a lot of my off road stuff under it, with plenty of room for the fridge and a bit of storage left over. I think it looks pretty good too.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley, Filipao

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
More
10 Jun 2024 15:45 #256244 by Lambert
Finally found time to install the koni dampers. Yes please and thank you. It's like a new one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
21 Jun 2024 08:21 #256373 by Me and my Jimny
Got a new MOT :-)

A big relief after all the welding I had to do. If anyone's wondering if you can get a cheap gasless mig off amazon and keep your jimny on the road for a bit longer, yes you can

More
24 Jun 2024 16:02 #256427 by DrRobin
Not today, but Saturday, took my Jimny on an organised tour between Wooler and Morpeth in the Northumberland borders, organised by Trails and Tracks. We did 63 miles on the tour, much off it off tarmac roads.

The car in front really is a Jimny

George & Paul's lead vehicle

There were many fords to cross

More photos and videos to come in my blog.

It was a fantastic day out, thanks to forum member ME101 for the recommendation.  I enjoyed it so much I have booked up on two more.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, gv42

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
More
24 Jun 2024 17:44 #256429 by Lambert
Looks like a fun day out! Anything particularly technical or just a steady bimble?

More
24 Jun 2024 22:13 #256436 by DrRobin
Just steady away Lambert, can’t make it too difficult for the Discos.

The ford in the picture above was the deepest, but the hardest was one near Morpeth which descends down a twisty lane with one steep step (I touched something underneath) then at the other side there was a few steps, but easy enough, especially with someone guiding you.

A couple of the UCRs straight across a field were badly rutted, but a Jimny could keep one wheel in the rut and the other on the grass in the middle.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
09 Jul 2024 16:22 #256703 by DrRobin
I took my Gen 4 for it's 4 year service at a Suzuki garage up the coast (a hour drive from home).

Whilst they had the vehicle, I took our dog for a 10 mile round trip walk to Alnmouth for a run on the beach and [the dog had] a dip in the sea, I had a spot of lunch in the golf club, everyone was happy.

Milly chasing a heron

By the time we got back my Gen 4 was finished and had green lights on everything, no problems at all and now has 12 months Service Activated Warranty. The service reception staff made a big fuss of my dog, even gave her a couple of dog biscuits, presumably genuine approved Suzuki dog biscuits.

It would have been a perfect day out, except it steadily rained all the way to Alnmouth and chucked it down all the way back. Still a good test of the aircon to dry out a soggy dog and walking kit on the way home.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:

More
09 Jul 2024 17:25 #256704 by me101
DrRobin - you had all the pictures yet? They usually get some good ones. The Durham Rambler (I think it s called) is a decent one of their relaxed routes. The weekend trips are good to go on.

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
More
11 Jul 2024 18:31 #256741 by Lambert
Better safe than sorry. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds