BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Tread Lightly

More
23 Jun 2020 17:18 #223905 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Tread Lightly
A short lane at the back of Teversal SK4861-02

Nice lane a little T&S in the middle, on a lovely day. I have been meaning to drive it for some time, there is very little else around it, to form a route.

sniper
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY, Riccy, Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2020 19:17 #223909 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Tread Lightly
Awesome B)

Great looking UTE! ;)

Can't wait to get out again (with you and the rest of Brett's group)

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper

More
23 Jun 2020 22:20 #223920 by sniper

X8GGY wrote: Awesome B)

Great looking UTE! ;)

Can't wait to get out again (with you and the rest of Brett's group)

Dave

Thanks,
I can't wait to see what some of the groups will look like, dying to get out too Dave..... Affording some of the big trips will be an issue for me now, I'll see you on the next Peaks trip.... Hopefully....

sniper

More
26 Jun 2020 12:48 #224022 by sniper
Customs demand arrived for the manifold this morning, that's paid and it will be here on Monday. £230 all in.

Exhaust booked for the 10th of July and hopefully a map too, if he can write the Denso with his software.

sniper
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
26 Jun 2020 14:14 #224027 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Tread Lightly
Bah! :evil:

Bought and paid for, including the shipping... and then you get the VAT / import duty demand, along with a "handling fee" from the courier too usually! :(

More
26 Jun 2020 15:05 #224028 by sniper

X8GGY wrote: Bah! :evil:

Bought and paid for, including the shipping... and then you get the VAT / import duty demand, along with a "handling fee" from the courier too usually! :(

£52 vat & "clearance"......

sniper

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jun 2020 15:09 #224029 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tread Lightly
It's going to be interesting to see how much that affects the driving experience. Donut Media just did something similar to their MX5 and managed a whole 4.5 additional horsepower.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
26 Jun 2020 17:25 - 26 Jun 2020 17:26 #224033 by sniper
It's not just about power Lambert, how I get that power (what there is:laugh:) is what is being played with.....

If there is no power increase at all, I would still be happy if I just manage a few more foot pounds of torque. Especially if I can move that torque down the rev range.

Taking the back box off showed me that the tune of the engine has some room to play. It will happily potter along at 30mph in 5th and pull cleanly from there. Thats with two cats and an intermediate box still in play.

If I can get usable torque down around 1500/2000rpm, it will be a different car, on & off road. Imagine being able to accelerate out of low speed 2nd gear corners...... It really would change the car.

They do a before and after power run on the rollers when they map it, they seem pretty confident at getting 10bhp on a standard car having done a few. I'm confident that it will do better than a car with a standard exhaust, but also happy that the useable power will be more to my liking.

Surprised at the MX5 very tuneable car.....

sniper
Last edit: 26 Jun 2020 17:26 by sniper.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jun 2020 18:25 #224035 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tread Lightly
Just looking at the picture again and it does appear to be a tri y instead of the 4 into 1 so you should be improving your torque curve. Like I say I'm interested in how it improves the driveability. More torque is more better.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Jul 2020 10:02 - 03 Jul 2020 10:18 #224439 by sniper
Just in case I can't find it in the car park....

Had the replacement starter motor fail..... the auto spark who fitted it, swapped it over FOC and apologised for the trouble...

Manifold being fitted and a full 2' stainless system is being built by Tony Banks next Friday, very excited but still struggling to get it on a Dyno for a custom map. The only places I can find (within a reasonable distance) that can write the Denso ECU, don't have rollers and I'm not happy to buy a map without it being set up. More searching or possibly wait for a standalone set up and hope that the existing map can cope with the exhaust changes....

sniper
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jul 2020 10:18 by sniper.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
03 Jul 2020 16:57 #224454 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Tread Lightly
Nice sunstrip B)

I found the sensor in the manifold was the issue and caused the engine management light to come on at every start. Could be cleared and reset with a basic code reader easily enough, and didnt seem to affect the running with EML on or not. Possibly it was something that caused an error to flag up during starting, but not a problem once running?

I think you will struggle to find anyone who can remap the standard ecu though. Its not got a port as such for that as far as i know, and the PCB inside it is super basic old-skool looking gear.

I think a forum member called Rhinoman would be worth contacting as hes an electronics guru in this field. Also have a chat with Keith Phillips as I know he messes about with meagasquirts and might be able to help.

Mines booked in on the 11th for wiring in second set of injectors and another dyno tune session, I can ask him if he knows about the denso system and can tune it, or recommend someone down your way with one of his dyno's.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
03 Jul 2020 19:27 #224463 by sniper

Riccy wrote: Nice sunstrip B)

I found the sensor in the manifold was the issue and caused the engine management light to come on at every start. Could be cleared and reset with a basic code reader easily enough, and didnt seem to affect the running with EML on or not. Possibly it was something that caused an error to flag up during starting, but not a problem once running?

I think you will struggle to find anyone who can remap the standard ecu though. Its not got a port as such for that as far as i know, and the PCB inside it is super basic old-skool looking gear.

I think a forum member called Rhinoman would be worth contacting as hes an electronics guru in this field. Also have a chat with Keith Phillips as I know he messes about with meagasquirts and might be able to help.

Mines booked in on the 11th for wiring in second set of injectors and another dyno tune session, I can ask him if he knows about the denso system and can tune it, or recommend someone down your way with one of his dyno's.

I'm glad your going down a similar path, a little in front of me..... If your man can help that would be cool, I look forward to your progress....

Let me know when the boozer across the road is doing B&B again, I'll see if the finance fhurer will let me get away for a night..... Be good to catch up, especially with your new tune.... maybe have a look at a lane or two.....

sniper

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds