BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:Lumberjack Jimny

More
01 Aug 2013 08:01 #78700 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Lumberjack Jimny

helijohn wrote: Love those tyres. Do they sit OK on the 5.5 rims?? Can't afford some yet but would love to know why Germany??

Yeah they sit fine on the rims, I wouldn't want them on anything much wider to be honest.

I didn't expect them to come from Germany! oponeo.co.uk is the site I got them from because they were £105 each delivered, at least £5 cheaper than anwhere else. When I tracked the parcel I found out they were on their way from Germany!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2013 08:06 #78702 by Busta

ZookFastback wrote: Couldn't resist adding this :whistle:

;)

"Ooh Bevin, and I thought you were so butch!" Haha, love Monty Python.

More
13 Aug 2013 16:26 #79763 by Busta
The standard horn on the Jimny is a bit meh, so not wanting to go down the route of air horns I have upgraded to a pair of Hellas.

File Attachment:

Now it sounds like a normal car rather than a toy one!

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2013 21:18 #79815 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic Lumberjack Jimny
same ones iv got big improvement

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Aug 2013 07:20 #79840 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Lumberjack Jimny
I went with the Klaxon (Ah-Oogah) type, cos I'm the quiet, discrete type :whistle:

More
15 Aug 2013 12:41 #79931 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Lumberjack Jimny

Busta wrote: It turns out the new tyres will foul the arches but only with 3 of us in the car on some big compressions, or when cross-axled. The front left fowls the bolt which holds the bumper. I've removed the bolt for now but with a little trimming it should be fine.

40mm spacer lift solved this for me. I have 215/80R15's which are slightly bigger.

More
16 Aug 2013 17:41 #80036 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Lumberjack Jimny

Busta wrote:
Now it sounds like a normal car rather than a toy one!

I got one of those air electric twin tone jobbies www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...ting-new-horn-please

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
17 Aug 2013 11:48 #80089 by Busta
Funnily enough I took a set of triple air horns off my dad's defender yesterday. They are already on a bracket but there was no obvious place to mount them on the Jimny so I've saved them for another project!

More
07 Nov 2013 13:07 #89775 by Busta
I haven't done much to the Jimny for a while, just been working it hard. I've now covered 7,000 miles since buying it just over 4 months ago. With a patina of dirt she's looking beautiful!

File Attachment:

My reversing lights didn't work when I bought the car. Recently they started to work intermittently then just got stuck on all the time. Rather than replace the switch on the gearbox, I have joined the wires to it and fitted a switch on the dashboard so I can switch the reversing lights on and off as I please. This is handy for hitching/unhitching trailers in the dark and a bit of illumination as I work late in the autumn evenings. I found a switch on ebay that was a good match to the rest of the interior and replaced one of the blanks next to the steering wheel.

File Attachment:

I'm now considering connecting a 12v socket to the same wires in the rear so I can plug in a couple of LED flood lights. Then I'll be able to work all night!

More
07 Nov 2013 17:11 #89792 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Lumberjack Jimny
Why not change the switch on the gearbox? It's a couple of minutes job! Mine was cheap too from the main stealers. Can't remember how much but not fortunes anyway!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
11 Nov 2013 10:48 #90350 by Busta
Because sometimes it's quite useful to have some illumination at the rear when you don't necessarily want to be in reverse. Hitching up trailers in the dark, for example. It saves the hassle of switching off the engine, switching the ignition back on and selecting reverse, which I was doing.

More
03 Jan 2014 18:56 - 19 Jan 2017 19:34 #98912 by Busta
My girlfriend and I went for a nice muddy drive yesterday. It was about 4 miles across local marshes, through about 10 gates and conditions were slippery. Thank god for mud tyres! Here's a video of the journey back home:
Last edit: 19 Jan 2017 19:34 by Busta.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds