BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suspension question

• Seawolfvarna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jun 2011 18:24 #18235 by Seawolfvarna
Replied by Seawolfvarna on topic Re: Suspension question

MigCooper wrote: I have the standard rims with no offset, but I fitted 32mm spacers ;)

Hi MigCooper

I ordered already steel wheels with -30 offset. In that case I believe, that if you fit your 30" with 32mm spacers on original wheels, than may be I will be able to fix 235/75/R15.
Did you try already your monster.
How is power performance? Do you will some lack of power?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jun 2011 21:35 #18238 by Monkey
Replied by Monkey on topic Re: Suspension question

Seawolfvarna wrote:

MigCooper wrote: I have the standard rims with no offset, but I fitted 32mm spacers ;)

Hi MigCooper

I ordered already steel wheels with -30 offset. In that case I believe, that if you fit your 30" with 32mm spacers on original wheels, than may be I will be able to fix 235/75/R15.

Cheers

You are going to have BIG scrubbing issues with ANY size tyre that you choose cus of the huge off set.

Migcooper: I think you should consider buying some new wider rims for those 30"sx9.5 here in AUS it it illegal to run anything bigger than a 215's on a 5.5" wide rim. You will also get more life out of your tyres, say with a 15x7" rim.

• Seawolfvarna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2011 05:25 #18240 by Seawolfvarna

Monkey wrote:

Seawolfvarna wrote:

Hi MigCooper

Cheers

You are going to have BIG scrubbing issues with ANY size tyre that you choose cus of the huge off set.

Migcooper: I think you should consider buying some new wider rims for those 30"sx9.5 here in AUS it it illegal to run anything bigger than a 215's on a 5.5" wide rim. You will also get more life out of your tyres, say with a 15x7" rim.

The rims are with following specifications:
7" x 15" 5x139.7x 110 ET -30

So in that case is it possible to avoid wheel spacers?

Yours
Nick

• Monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2011 05:29 #18241 by Monkey
Replied by Monkey on topic Re: Suspension question

Seawolfvarna wrote:

Monkey wrote:

Seawolfvarna wrote:

Hi MigCooper

Cheers

The rims are with following specifications:
7" x 15" 5x139.7x 110 ET -30

So in that case is it possible to avoid wheel spacers?

Yours
Nick

Yes i run 15x7's -13 and even that feels very stable, but you are going to need to trim your guards due to the size of your off set...

• Seawolfvarna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2011 06:44 #18244 by Seawolfvarna
Certainly, I already red the article in "How to" section.
I will do it!

Cheers

• Seawolfvarna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jun 2011 16:33 #18284 by Seawolfvarna
Did somebody know, what is the max size of tyres which you can fit on 7"x15" rims?
31"can be fitted there or not?

Thank you

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jun 2011 18:31 #18297 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Suspension question

Seawolfvarna wrote: Did somebody know, what is the max size of tyres which you can fit on 7"x15" rims?
31"can be fitted there or not?

Thank you

yes :)

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds