BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suspension question

• Seawolfvarna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2011 09:47 #18037 by Seawolfvarna
Suspension question was created by Seawolfvarna
I have Jimny with 2" Trailmaster already fitted.
Can I upgrade this suspension with 1" spring spacers and rear shock repositioners (+1.5") plus front Jimny shock spacers. If I do this it will be all total 3". Please if somebody can write me - It will be necessary to make some further modification as adjustable panhard kits and castor corrected radius bushes or that will be not necessary?!?
Upgrade should look like that - www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/jimny/1-5-jimn...n-lift/prod_395.html

Thank you in advance!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2011 10:07 - 20 Jun 2011 10:09 #18038 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Suspension question
Simply Yes you can !....

I would start to think about castor correction if I was to go higher than +2 personally ..

I have +2 and shock repositioners on the rear. im thinking also of adding spring spacers but you start to get into the relm of having to spend serious money adjusting the suspension . No doubt Ill break something and end up getting castor correction arms etc but for now, Im happy !

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland
Last edit: 20 Jun 2011 10:09 by ooky_123.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seawolfvarna

• Seawolfvarna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2011 10:16 #18039 by Seawolfvarna
Replied by Seawolfvarna on topic Re: Suspension question
I already purchased this shock repositioners. But if I have to fix also castor corrected arms this will go to expensive.
What size of tyres you are using? I am planning to fix 30". Certainly after that will be some power problems, but if you could share some experience will be great.
Do you have some mods on your diffs?

• Monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2011 07:57 #18081 by Monkey
Replied by Monkey on topic Re: Suspension question
Hi mate,

As already said, any higher than 2" of lift you will need, adjustable panhard rods, and castor correction (arms or bushs). When you say you will be chasing more power, i think you mean you will be wanting the correct gearing to suit the 30" tyres ;) . Also to fit 30's you are going to need to trim the front bumper, and inner front guards, also rear depending if what off set you have on your rims.

Diff mods? um....not sure what you mean by that... please elaborate???

Cheers,

Andy

More
21 Jun 2011 11:26 - 21 Jun 2011 11:26 #18091 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Suspension question
Im running a +2" suspension lift, +2" body lift on standard radius arms and pannard rods.

Just fitted the lower ration transfer case and now am looking to move up to 31" tyres from the current 29" ones.

Might swap out the pannard rods forst, and the radius arms with castor correction closer to the winter

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland
Last edit: 21 Jun 2011 11:26 by ooky_123.

• Seawolfvarna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2011 18:56 - 21 Jun 2011 18:59 #18113 by Seawolfvarna
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply!
I am planing to fix these www.jimnybits.co.uk/shop/jimny/jimny-sup...-bushes/prod_49.html and that one www.jimnybits.co.uk/shop/jimny/jimny-rea...bracket/prod_97.html. I hope this will be good enough to achieve my goal of 3" suspension and possibility to fix 30"tyres. I am also planning to fix 2"or how I learn it's available even 3" body lift for Jimny.
About power I am planning chip tuning to 93 bhp and to fix new pinion shaft and new pinion gear on both diffs to make gear ratio 5.125:1 , which I believe will help a lot to unload both diffs from too heavy tyres.

My wheels will be with -30 off set and I am planning to fix if is necessary 1/2" wheel spacers in order not to overload to much. Please advice if this will be enough according to your opinion?
Unfortunately I don't understand this about trimming of front bumper, because I am going to fix that one from Off road armoury on line store.

Yours
Nikolay
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jun 2011 18:59 by Seawolfvarna.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jun 2011 08:22 #18123 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Suspension question
If you are fitting the ora bumpers you won't need to trim the bumper as they are designed to work with larger tyres

More
22 Jun 2011 09:37 #18126 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: Suspension question
If you want to add more lift to a Trailmaster 2" lift without going down the Castor Correction/Trailing Arms route then take a look at a Body Lift. As these move the chassis as a whole unit they don't affect the castor etc.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Seawolfvarna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jun 2011 02:55 #18149 by Seawolfvarna
Hi, Martin

Thank you for your reply!
I am planning to fix body lift as well - 2" or may be even 3".
I am doing all this in order to fix some bigger tyres - as 30" for example.
Only with 3"lift with out body lift, I believe that will be no possible.
Now I understood, that if I upgrade this lift to 3", then will be necessary to fix some flanges on both propeller shafts. It will be nice if some can share experience with size, material and way of fixing of this flanges. Is it necessary to fix for both propeller shaft or only on rear one?

Yours:
Nikolay

More
23 Jun 2011 05:48 #18152 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Re: Suspension question
I am fitting 30" tires today or tomorrow.

Jimny has 3" lift plus 1" spacers, will let you know how it worked latter :)

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...

More
23 Jun 2011 06:06 #18153 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: Suspension question
Prop spacers are only needed if caster correction for 3'' or above is used. I have a 4.5'' lift with castor correction for 4.5'' lift and use a 1'' prop spacer only on the transfer box end of the front prop.
I have also just fitted a 2'' body lift from jimnybits as he can also supply steering shaft spacers, these are highly recommended on a 2'' body lift and above.

• Seawolfvarna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jun 2011 08:31 #18155 by Seawolfvarna

MigCooper wrote: I am fitting 30" tires today or tomorrow.

Jimny has 3" lift plus 1" spacers, will let you know how it worked latter :)

Hi MigCooper

That will be very nice to share your experience.
Do you have any modifications on your T-case , or diff perhaps - new pinion shaft and crown shaft?

Yours
Nikolay

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds