× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Blown engine :-(

More
08 Dec 2023 19:38 #252750 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Blown engine :-(
If I owned an sj I would go for M series vvt 13,15 or 16 mated to  R7ME gearbox with a stand alone ecu 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2023 14:52 #252780 by lesgrandepotato
Replied by lesgrandepotato on topic Blown engine :-(
Righto. In the i’m going to crack on and do this at Xmas vein. 
We have a g13b DOHC motor sat in the garage, with a loom, ECU and quite a lot of ancillaries. 

The engine is a phase 2, so the angled dizzy cap trick should work. 

Trying to sort out the exhaust manifold. Options are. Buy a specific manifold. That’s about 500 quid. No thanks! 
Buy a g13b 4 branch performance exhaust and make an adapter plate with 12mm plate. 
Buy a g13b DOHC turbo manifold and attach to that. Could allow for future turbo shenanigans….

Alternatively a jimny sports manifold? They have round ports which is good… matching the ports on the head (unlike the Sami performance manifolds)
But are the ports spaced the same? If so that could be an option that wasn’t available in period?

More
11 Dec 2023 07:34 #252792 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Blown engine :-(
Mazda 323 something distributor cap?
I think you still need to make a dent or cut out in the firewall.

not sure of the exhaust for the twin cam sorry..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesgrandepotato

More
11 Dec 2023 08:02 #252795 by lesgrandepotato
I’ve got the 323 cap and rotor. 
After a day of decision making and research I’ve ordered a 4 branch for a Sami and some 12mm plate. None of the holes over lap so I’m going to fab up an interface plate to mount the header and blend the port shape. 
Need to source a #17561-63B01 thermostat housing which should change from horizontal to side exit. 

Then it’s on to the loom…

More
11 Dec 2023 08:04 - 11 Dec 2023 08:05 #252796 by lesgrandepotato
Hopefully get some time tonight to pull the carb and ready it for sale. Anyone for a nearly new weber conversion kit?…

Then I’ll pull the head and drop in the spare DOHC and we can see what’s really going to be to do.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2023 08:05 by lesgrandepotato.

More
11 Dec 2023 12:27 #252800 by yakuza

Need to source a #17561-63B01 thermostat housing which should change from horizontal to side exit. 

Then it’s on to the loom…
I think mine is from an early swift something, not the twincam. (Will also fit the Baleno G16 for the same purpose)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
26 Dec 2023 12:42 #253088 by lesgrandepotato

Attachment IMG_2405.jpeg not found

Attachment IMG_2407.jpeg not found

Attachment IMG_2408.jpeg not found

Attachment IMG_2406.jpeg not found

Hey yakuza.

I’m sat with the new dizzy cap and rotor. I’m not quite seeing what I I need to do… any clues are welcome!
Attachments:

More
28 Dec 2023 17:34 #253130 by lesgrandepotato

Bit of progress on the GTi motor. I’m taking the belted drives from the GTi and its alternator. 
I’ve got the plumbing from the Sami. 

Work is in progress to create an adapter plate to go from GTi to Sami spec on the manifold. 

The challenge has come with the wiring loom being  for a different generation of GTI. 

So after some head scratching I’ve decided to go a spot on the nuclear side. I’ve ordered a link atom x standalone for ECU and part harness….

This I’m assured by my friends at JJM with the four branch and a 2” performance exhaust should be good for 120bhp… it’s also capable of running open loop boost should a need for a supercharger arise. 

Things have got out of hand. Here is the evidence.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, jackonlyjack, yakuza, Soeley

More
29 Dec 2023 18:01 #253154 by lesgrandepotato
Well it was a busy day at the track for Bijouspud in the micro martini Honda cadet kart. Not the easiest thing to set up and very sensitive to adjustment. We learned a lot in a days testing though. 

A few bits arrived for tommorows play tho. 

I introduce the speed euphonium and a fan belt. 
We’ve also got a swift electric fan to replace the mechanical one. Will be driven from the ECU… 

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
30 Dec 2023 14:40 #253163 by lesgrandepotato

Bit of progress, the euphonium adapter plate has started to come together. Swapped the cam
covers over and then came inside. 

A hungover man kept losing the tools. Most inconsiderate. 
Attachments:

More
31 Dec 2023 00:20 #253172 by yakuza
Pictures where you asked about the dizzy cap did not show here.
Did they fit?

More
31 Dec 2023 14:03 #253183 by lesgrandepotato
I think the dizzy problem is solved in a new way with the standalone ECU. The dizzy remains as a cam/ crank sensor. But the sparks are fired from the ECU to a set of jimny coil on plug pencil coils…

Will 3d print a new cover for the dizzy with no leads needed

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds