BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now closed at 145 vehicles!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2023 Jimny

More
29 Jun 2024 07:58 - 29 Jun 2024 07:59 #256527 by Motacilla
Replied by Motacilla on topic 2023 Jimny
Sorry to hear about your circumstances, and I am sure you have more on your mind than this car.  I have a couple of points that may lighten at least this one small matter for you.

I've owned dozens of cars, so I should be at the point where I have the process all figured out-- but I still find selling to be a pain sometimes.  That said, it can be done in a way that can give you a good result with minimal hassle.

Here are a couple of things that I try to keep in mind when I am selling a car on the open market.  

1) There will always be "low-ballers," people who send you messages with very low offers or questions about your "best price."  This is because asking is free!  Don't bother yourself with getting annoyed about these people, because they will always exist and they will always say the same things.  Cheerfully ignore them.

2) Patience is key.  Particularly with a niche vehicle like a Jimny, you have to wait for your buyer.  It won't be months of waiting, but it won't be days either.  We are a rare and elite breed, so you have to be prepared to sit quietly in the blind with your binoculars out for a little bit.

3) Don't be afraid to take the advert down for a few days before reposting it again.  It can be a way to put the car at the "top of the page" for people with unsophisticated search techniques.  

4) Nice photos make a difference.  Take the car out, wash it completely, and pose it somewhere pretty -- on a country road, in front of a historical brick wall, things like that.  Perhaps you have already done that -- I haven't looked at your advert -- but if not do consider it.  Some may scoff at this advice, but in my experience it really does make a solid difference in both the speed of sale and the final price.

5) Stick to your price unless and until it is absolutely necessary to change it.  In other words, no "OBO" or "OVNO" in the ad, no discussion of price on the phone, in fact no discussion of price at all until the bloke has spent an hour of a Saturday morning looking at it, driving it, etc.  That guy is your buyer, anyone else is not.  

6) If for some reason you don't find a buyer over an extended period, consider a consignment sale.  If you find yourself in that situation, say in a month or two, come back and we will have more advice for you.  However I doubt you will have the Jimny that long -- it'll sell.

Last edit: 29 Jun 2024 07:59 by Motacilla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds