BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

BOOKING NOW CLOSED

If you have booked you will shortly receive joining instructions- See HERE for discussion

Noggin and Natter - pre-event chat - Old Bell at Grazeley (part of hotel) 7:30pm 19th October

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Weird grind\rattle taking off in 1st gear 2019 Jimny

More
27 Jul 2019 21:46 #211560 by Bob1050

Aj4x4 wrote: Mine does it too. A lot of peeps on here have reported the same. I am of the opinion that if everyone's is doing it, then it must be one of the Jimny's little quirks??

Seems to be a issue (and I've experienced it myself) - question is - "Should we worry or is it a case of - they all do that Sir"!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2019 21:26 #214146 by Dorsetdumpling
Not 2 seconds, more like 1/2 second.

More
05 Oct 2019 12:59 #214359 by AusJimny
Mine does this too, it sounds like something rubbing from the rear of the car.

I've noticed that it's worse when I drive through water, i.e. out of a puddle. This made me think its something to do with the rear drums when they get wet.

I have recorded a good example of this, see
@ 40 seconds in.

More
05 Oct 2019 18:10 #214367 by nogbad
Only done 40 miles in my Jimny but no strange sounds yet through the gears all nice and smooth,mines a manual.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds