BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Remote central locking

• dogseal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2011 20:46 #28666 by dogseal
Replied by dogseal on topic Re: Remote central locking
Cheers for the instructions Happypig, I followed your instructions to the letter & mine works fine!

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130615721526

dogseal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2012 13:48 - 22 Mar 2012 13:48 #36189 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Re: Remote central locking
Just bought one of these kits so fingers crossed :whistle:

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS
Last edit: 22 Mar 2012 13:48 by j999pre.

More
22 Mar 2012 16:34 #36195 by j999pre
It looks like it may not work on my early jimny. I have 5 wires at the central locking black box.

White/blue 12v
Black Earth
Green
Red
Brown/yellow

I've got the new control box to switch to earth on pairs of wires as in this thread but other than that I'm stumped.

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
23 Mar 2012 07:03 #36210 by j999pre
I'm going to have another go at it today. I have a 2001 in the garage so I'll look at that and compare the wiring to see if it changed as I do remember swapping a door recently and I had to swap all the internal door wiring and the central locking motor as it was all different.

Wish me luck.

Grey pick up Jimny

• Goat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2012 11:43 #36218 by Goat
Replied by Goat on topic Re: Remote central locking
Good luck. If you get it to work I might have that other one off you! :woohoo:

More
25 Mar 2012 17:14 #36343 by j999pre
No luck as yet. Anyone?

Grey pick up Jimny

• bigoffroader
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Mar 2012 05:52 - 29 Mar 2012 05:55 #36556 by bigoffroader
Replied by bigoffroader on topic Re: Remote central locking
Followed the instructions but cant get it to work
Where do I find the blue/red wire? to lock the doors
I know the remote locking box is working
I've wired it up works fine to unlock using the brown/yellow wire but can't find a wire to lock the door? :(
Anyone got any ideas?
Sorry mine is an X reg 2000 with the newer engine in
Last edit: 29 Mar 2012 05:55 by bigoffroader.

• bigoffroader
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Apr 2012 15:59 - 02 Apr 2012 16:00 #36780 by bigoffroader
Replied by bigoffroader on topic Re: Remote central locking

j999pre wrote: No luck as yet. Anyone?

Yes I've finally got the doors to unlock AND LOCK If you don't have the blue/red wire B)

I will post the info better when I'm not on my phone but basically connect the unlock wire to the brown/yellow wire and the lock wire is a little more involved
You have to take the drivers door panel off so you can get to the wires in the door.
The black and White dot wire that goes to the central locking mechanism on the door is also connected to the earth wire for the electric windows, you have to undo the joint and run a new earth wire to the central locking so it has it's own ear. So it goes earth to central locking control box and the output line from it to the black/while dot on the central locking on the driver door.
Don't forget to disconnect the black/whit dot wire from the black wire in the door otherwise it will work but then the electric windows hit their limit switch on open the doors will lock, but at least the window will be open to unlock the car ;)
Last edit: 02 Apr 2012 16:00 by bigoffroader.

• Goat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2012 08:37 #37608 by Goat
Got it to work on my 01 jimny. Wires were as described. Had to use choc blocks though as those snap on wire connectors proved rubbish.

• Goat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2012 08:46 #37610 by Goat
Is it possible to get the light to come on? On the jimny with keyless entry the light comes on. Just thought the non keyless entry model might just not have the right key but the stuff in the car might be the same?

More
15 Apr 2012 14:30 #37631 by j999pre

bigoffroader wrote:

j999pre wrote: No luck as yet. Anyone?

Yes I've finally got the doors to unlock AND LOCK If you don't have the blue/red wire B)

I will post the info better when I'm not on my phone but basically connect the unlock wire to the brown/yellow wire and the lock wire is a little more involved
You have to take the drivers door panel off so you can get to the wires in the door.
The black and White dot wire that goes to the central locking mechanism on the door is also connected to the earth wire for the electric windows, you have to undo the joint and run a new earth wire to the central locking so it has it's own ear. So it goes earth to central locking control box and the output line from it to the black/while dot on the central locking on the driver door.
Don't forget to disconnect the black/whit dot wire from the black wire in the door otherwise it will work but then the electric windows hit their limit switch on open the doors will lock, but at least the window will be open to unlock the car ;)

I've split the join on the black wire with white dots in the drivers door and connected it to the switching earth on the new central locking box. It now unlocks but locks straight away again. Before I did this the unlock was working fine. I take it I've missed something? Does yours still central lock on the key too?

Grey pick up Jimny

More
15 Apr 2012 16:50 #37642 by j999pre
Its officially drove me mad!!!!

Who needs remote locking anyway! :lol:

I'll have another bash at it tomorrow. :evil:

Grey pick up Jimny

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds