× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:new Gen4 or not ?

More
31 Jan 2024 08:47 #253895 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Re:new Gen4 or not ?

Well done Mr Zilla. Good colour too.

I tend to agree with you re the SZ5 upgrades being a mixed bag. On the German forum, there is a thread of "things that annoy me about my SZ5" (called the "GJ" there), and it is an interesting read for us LCV owners. For example, many owners find that the automatic climate control fan switches on and off so frequently that it becomes distracting -- that would certainly bother me. I prefer the old school. So the LCV is a good choice, in my opinion.
For clarity. That won’t be the internal heater fan. It is a fan in the engine bay by the rad. Not 100% sure where it is located or its exact use. But the only way to hear it so stand in front of the vehicle while it is running. You can’t hear it or even detect it from anywhere inside the vehicle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2024 09:01 #253897 by Motacilla
Replied by Motacilla on topic Re:new Gen4 or not ?
I'm planning to switch to Geolandars when the Dunlops are ready to retire. They are probably the best all-around choice for the Jimny. Certainly better than the Dunlops.

About the Dunlops in the rain: I don't disagree exactly. But I would say, it is more a question of driving style. In my view, a vehicle with the Jimny's unique characteristics -- high unsprung weight ratio, very lightly loaded back axle, high COG -- dictates caution in the wet, no matter what kind of tyres.

Everyone has their own preference of course. For my part, I just couldn't bring myself to throw out the brand new Dunlops, despite their performance being merely adequate.

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2024 09:02 #253898 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Re:new Gen4 or not ?
The aircon compressor cutting in and out* can be noticeably noisy on most cars - often louder than any additional fan.

*regardless of whether aircon is switched on by the driver, the electromagnetic clutch will cut in and out automatically depending on refrigerant temperature

More
07 Feb 2024 07:39 #254085 by naylar
Replied by naylar on topic new Gen4 or not ?
Anyone got a lead on a  beige new one?  We’re being told there may not be any more, though this obviously isn’t true!

Gen4 Commercial

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2024 08:20 #254086 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic new Gen4 or not ?
I've got a beige one coming in two weeks' time although you can't order one as such - the dealer finds out what's on the boat and you're lucky if they have a colour you like.

More
07 Feb 2024 08:32 - 07 Feb 2024 09:48 #254088 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic new Gen4 or not ?
Roadworthy Suzuki in Bristol have a Blue & kinetic yellow Jimny on the way. BigJimny discount available when you mention BigJimny when buying these cars from Roadworthy. 
Last edit: 07 Feb 2024 09:48 by jlines.

More
07 Feb 2024 09:10 #254089 by naylar
Replied by naylar on topic new Gen4 or not ?
Yes, thanks, there seem to be plenty of every other colour available at or below list currently. Unfortunately no one wants to share info on what’s coming, if they actually know? 

Gen4 Commercial

More
07 Feb 2024 09:52 #254092 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic new Gen4 or not ?
They only know when the cars get assigned to them on the ship and they don’t get a say on what colour of car they get or what stock of cars they get. Sometimes they even get a surprise one on a truck they weren’t expecting. Weird system but that’s what Suzuki does. They also can’t see very far ahead so that’s why they say they don’t know what’s coming but Jimnys will be turning up every now & then.

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2024 13:19 #254102 by rogerzilla
All I know is that there can only be white, silver or ivory still unallocated on the current shipment, because I requested any colour EXCEPT white or silver and they could only offer ivory (which is fine, as it's one of my favourites).  Whether it was the last ivory, I don't know.

You'll have to ask your dealer to enquire with Suzuki.  It's also possible that an ivory one is going to a dealer that doesn't have a customer for it yet.

More
07 Feb 2024 13:51 #254105 by Ulltand
Replied by Ulltand on topic new Gen4 or not ?
I prefer the engine (1.6 turbo diesel) on my gen 3. Also the view/windscreen is a little better. Gen 4 is bit wider in the driving seat. Dont have to press my shoulder to the window.

More
07 Feb 2024 19:36 - 07 Feb 2024 19:36 #254121 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic new Gen4 or not ?
The Gen 4 Jimny is one of those vehicles that has become an instant Classic.

As such, values will always be strong. Good ones will always sell well, particularly the SZ5.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2024 19:36 by lightning.

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2024 19:46 #254122 by rogerzilla
As time goes on, I doubt the grades will be as important as general condition.  The original touchscreens in the SZ5 are unlikely to last as long as we keep the cars for, and I'm not sure about LED headlight longevity either - it's not really been tested over 20 years!

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds