BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

From that to this

More
05 Mar 2014 20:24 #107327 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic From that to this
what did you do with the cage of this one

JIMNYLESS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Mar 2014 20:53 #107343 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic From that to this

Mister Stu wrote: It sits nice on the G wagon axles, iv been pricing up for an axle change on mine because i dont think any companies are going to devolope H/D cv's anytime soon :(

Rob Storr makes HD shafts and CVS.

• Dave cc
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Mar 2014 22:17 #107367 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic From that to this

idiotmobil wrote: what did you do with the cage of this one

still got it but thinking about bending up a new one mite have somthing for you if interested :whistle:

More
06 Mar 2014 09:19 #107416 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic From that to this
I could do with some thing I think a half cage would be best mine being a soft top

JIMNYLESS

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Oct 2015 10:20 #153901 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re:From that to this
Anymore updates on this?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

• Dave cc
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Oct 2015 13:33 #153902 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Re:From that to this
Yes mate I’ve still got here was thinking about selling but not taking the sort of money people would offer so she stays with me
Gutted to have missed the Big jimny meet last year but was taken seriously ill hence why I was not there.
Plans are hopefully to start using her more this winter green laneing and few not to serious winch challenge events
To be honest the whole winch challenge thing is out of control to be competitive you need Red winches and im just not
prepared to throw that much money at her as cost me a small fortune to rebuild as it is.
Maybe this winter I might drop in a Derv Isuzu engine if the mood takes me just depends what else I get involved in

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Oct 2015 15:26 #153913 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re:From that to this
Cool, glad your still about mate.

Ive been and scratched the fast car itch and tbh, it hasnt really bitten me. For speed I cant beat the biking bug. SO now Autumn has tuned in, ive also realigned myself looking for another reliable jap toy ie. Jimny :)

Just trying to sell the toy to free up funds, then back on the (actual) slippery slope of modifying 'ickle 4x4's. Must admit, i saw this thread and it made me want to buy Smoggy's project, but id like to actually be driving this winter and I havent got time to build one up for winter joys :)

btw I hope you are recovered pal.

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Oct 2015 18:26 #153932 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Re:From that to this

Dave cc wrote: .. but was taken seriously ill hence

Well Dave hope you have made a good recovery & you are back doing that tinkering that you do so well ... ;)

• Dave cc
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Oct 2015 09:07 #153977 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Re:From that to this
Thanks Tadpole yes all good now scary stuff at the time but onwards and upwards now :)

More
24 Oct 2015 18:41 #154343 by Mud_Muppet
Replied by Mud_Muppet on topic Re:From that to this

Dave cc wrote: Yes mate I’ve still got here was thinking about selling but not taking the sort of money people would offer so she stays with me
Gutted to have missed the Big jimny meet last year but was taken seriously ill hence why I was not there.
Plans are hopefully to start using her more this winter green laneing and few not to serious winch challenge events
To be honest the whole winch challenge thing is out of control to be competitive you need Red winches and im just not
prepared to throw that much money at her as cost me a small fortune to rebuild as it is.
Maybe this winter I might drop in a Derv Isuzu engine if the mood takes me just depends what else I get involved in

If you ever did consider shifting it Dave, you've got my number and I'd happly shift the defender on for this beastly

2001 Red Tin Top,
4.5 inch ORA lift kit,
Pro Comp steering damper
Kap Winch Bumper,
White Weller offset Rims with 30" Insa Turbo Special Tracks,
CB Radio,
Stripped Interia
Roof Rack with 4 front Wipac,
Rear Wipac recovery Lights
.....Plenty more on its way !!!!

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds