BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Turbo M16A Jimny

More
02 Apr 2022 12:04 #242681 by Motleycrew
Replied by Motleycrew on topic Turbo M16A Jimny
thanks, the turbo certainly wont improve its off road credentials and its a bit top heavy for rallycross. I had to sell it to myself that way! but will be interesting to see how it survives. I am not taking it too seriously but I am sure my wallet would say otherwise!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2022 12:08 #242682 by Motleycrew
The Jimny certainly has a unique charm to it and it will be hilarious for it to be a wolf in sheeps clothing. I have this suspension on and have put it on the stiffest setting to raise my survival chances!
www.driftshop.com/tein-street-advance-z4...uki-jimny-jb23w.html

More
02 Apr 2022 12:10 #242683 by Motleycrew
it has a whopping 25mm lift!

More
02 Apr 2022 13:42 - 02 Apr 2022 13:43 #242684 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Turbo M16A Jimny
When you start throwing it around interested in your views on the Tein street kit i.e overall quality, fit and how's the comfort?
​​​​​​Need to fit something to our MR2 as original suspension is now too old, but don't want rock hard track setup.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 02 Apr 2022 13:43 by Scimike.

More
02 Apr 2022 13:54 #242685 by Motleycrew
I have had that suspension on for about 2 years and its really good. The trouble is I replaced it with the original 20 year old suspension with "Jimny lean" so its hard to gauge how much better it is compared to a brand new OEM set. I had Tein on my Mazda mx5 turbo ( premium version) but they do sell some cheap stuff for the young boy racer thats stiff and you cant adjust it. The Jimny is very popular in Japan and I trust a Japanese company for aftermarket parts

More
02 Apr 2022 14:01 - 02 Apr 2022 14:03 #242686 by Motleycrew
Last edit: 02 Apr 2022 14:03 by Motleycrew.

More
02 Apr 2022 14:06 #242687 by Motleycrew
sadly the jimny arches dont have room above for this but you probably could put them on the Mr2

TEIN UK LIMITED | Products | EDFC ACTIVE

More
02 Apr 2022 14:26 #242688 by Motleycrew
This is Teins detailed product description for the Jimny. They do the Gen 3 and Gen 4.

uk.tein.com/product/street_advance_z4.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
02 Apr 2022 19:36 #242691 by Motleycrew
found this cool video of a Jimny event in Japan:

TOP of JSTC2021 (jimny-matsuri.com)

More
04 Apr 2022 18:27 - 05 Apr 2022 05:41 #242723 by Motleycrew
while I wait to hear how the Jimny gets on, I have been thinking of a few supporting modifications that will help make the car more reliable.
first one which I will do is fit a electric water pump.  Davies Craig Electric Water Pumps (EWP) Information .
there are three ways to install it, which the link explains in detail, I will probably go with removing the old water pump impeller and leaving the housing installed and then by passing the pully completely. I will also remove the mechanical fan and put a electric one in. This means it will keep cooling the engine whilst its off and dump much more heat at idle.
The second will be putting either a secondary inline fuel pump or a intank one. Been thinking about this one.  Walbro GSL392 Inline Fuel Pump 255LPH HIGH PRESSURE (universal external pump) (walbrofuelpumps.com)
There are formulas to figure out the flow rates, but I believe the current Jimny one is 100 L/H which will max out about 170 bhp which is bad as I want to surpass that and also have lots of headroom. The walbro would be a booster at 255 L/H keeping enough flow to well past the stock engines boost tolerance. I may also get a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator, this video explains it all   (286) HOW and WHY to upgrade your FUEL PUMP and INJECTORS - THEORY + PRACTICE - Project Underdog #13 - YouTube
Last edit: 05 Apr 2022 05:41 by Motleycrew.

More
22 Apr 2022 16:18 #243059 by Motleycrew
The garage has run over with other jobs but I can announce that it is running. They said they had difficulty figuring out the trigger wheel pattern. The ECU has a inbuilt Oscilloscope that reads the wave pattern coming back from the crank sensor. Apparently its a random waveform and Link technical support ended up helping to decipher it.
Jimny will be on Dyno next week.

More
22 Apr 2022 16:23 - 22 Apr 2022 16:23 #243060 by Motleycrew
he said it runs like a little sowing machine...not sure if thats good or bad thing!
probably because of the sound of the timing chain?!
Last edit: 22 Apr 2022 16:23 by Motleycrew.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds