BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Giving the Jimny a birthday

More
18 Apr 2021 17:12 - 20 Apr 2021 20:06 #234551 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic Giving the Jimny a birthday
This weekend. 

With the assistance of a friend the front wings were fitted as was the snorkel.

The new arches that I bought don't fit too well and will require a lot of bodywork to get them looking like they belong, plus one of them arrived broken in transit.  So I've opted to keep the old body moulds.  The front and rear bumpers will be changed once I can get them to fit.  If I need wider arches, I can always fit landy ones as the seem to look good on a few of the other guys motors on here.

Next week.

I'll have to fit the fuel tank, radiator and a few other bits and bobs them hopefully fire up the engine for the first time in months.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Apr 2021 20:06 by Mike G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY, Lambert, Riccy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2021 21:57 - 01 Nov 2021 22:04 #239802 by Mike G
Well it's been a while.  Been away working a lot and the Jimny has just sat on the driveway.
​​​However the last few weeks I've been tinkering with a few things.  I fitted a new radiator, condenser and AC pump.  Also ordered and fitted some new spotlights and fitted them to the front bumper. Once that was done, I fitted the new front and rear bumpers. Because the rear bumper has essentially deleted the number plate area, I had to fork out an eye watering amount for the rear plate and wheel relocation bracket.  Might have hurt my wallet, but it does look decent. Shame the silver rhino has now been obscured though.  Next stop is the MOT testing centre and if it passes, straight to the paint shop to colour code those nasty looking bumpers.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Nov 2021 22:04 by Mike G.

More
06 Nov 2021 16:14 #239903 by Mike G
Well the Jimny failed it's MOT.  Disappointed, but it's not much to fix.  One of the new front brakes is imbalanced, but that could just be a not of air still trapped that didn't bleed from the abs module.  A bit more welding on a part that is in the vicinity of the steering/suspension, new headlamp and too much CO emissions, but I think this could be something to do with the exhaust not having a gasket in the downpipe and messing up the sensor reading, possibly. Think I might replace the lambda sensors to be on the safe side.  The cat doesn't smell, so I don't think it's that.  Hopefully the weather will hold out long enough for me to get some more work done.

More
14 Nov 2021 21:17 #240132 by Mike G
Well, I bled the brakes, fitted a new(ish) headlight, welded a plate on the cross member that was picked up and changed out both lambda sensors.  Took it to the MOT place and on the way there it threw an abs light, however I still have my Bluetooth code reader plugged in and seen it was a speed sensor error, which meant it could be cleared for the MOT (I'll look at it a bit closer).  Thankfully it was a pass.  What a relief.  The lambdas made a difference to the engine running as It didn't stall on first cold start anymore and didn't rev too high for too long on start up.  Emissions were made minimal too, which was pleasing.

Still, there's a few jobs to do, but I can breathe easier now that it's back on the road again.  My airbag light came on today, just 2 days after the MOT. So glad it waited till now.  My horn has stopped working also, so I'm expecting it to be the 'clocksprings/sliprings', but I'll have to take a bit of time at that with the fuse removed and battery isolated.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds