× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• gusthegorilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2015 19:26 #154410 by gusthegorilla
Replied by gusthegorilla on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Now that's more like it, Dave....they suit your he-man persona to a 'T' :whistle: ;)
The topic has been locked.
More
26 Oct 2015 09:56 #154442 by X8GGY

gaz3359 wrote: That looks mean ! Like the tread pattern.you had it twisted up yet ? B)

Thanks Gaz, no, not had it at full articulation yet... we're off to Shropshire on the 8th, so I need to try it before then... no use going 'laning and the tyres hitting the bumpers?!

I think the springs have settled a bit too after 18 months / 22 'laning and offroading trips, so I'm onto Rus for a new set at the moment too...

gusthegorilla wrote: Now that's more like it, Dave....they suit your he-man persona to a 'T' :whistle: ;)

Cheers Gus, "he-man persona" ? :S You've seen me? I'm a 13 stone skinny weakling these days?! :blush:
  • gusthegorilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2015 10:01 #154443 by gusthegorilla
Replied by gusthegorilla on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
It's what's on the INSIDE that matters, mate ;)
More
26 Oct 2015 10:01 - 26 Oct 2015 10:03 #154444 by X8GGY
Found this while I was tinkering yesterday too -

One of the rear radius arm bushes had destroyed itself?!

18 months and 22 trips though...

Noticed the bolt hole is elongated too, so will need to weld some washers over it on the next strip and rebuild too :(

Meanwhile...

Another one slips in easily with the radius arm in situ on the Jimny B) (you can see the SLOTS for holes in the photo above)

Lost a little (couple of inches taller tyres) rear visability, but still plenty, and more than having the spare on the rear door... not that it - and the hinges in particular - would take the weight now!! :blink:
Last edit: 26 Oct 2015 10:03 by X8GGY.
  • Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2015 10:16 #154446 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Looks the business Dave ...... ;)
  • gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2015 19:52 #154497 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Yea last thing you want is to damage the tyres.may need some extended bumps stops but sure fresh springs will sort the job.mine have sagged too looking at cheaper options other than buying new springs.
More
26 Oct 2015 20:52 #154508 by X8GGY
New springs were ordered this morning, good old Rus @ JimnyBits B) , ordered a full set of ALL front diesel +4" driver's side springs, so will be fitting a pair on the back again, and a pair on the front with spring spacers on top... 1.5" on the passenger side, and 2" on the driver's side...

Springs are bound to sag with the use we give them... 22 trips so they've done well... consumable item? ;) LOL :whistle:
  • gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2015 21:30 #154512 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Wow diesel +4's that will be big.i know you have alot of weight on your's tho dave.mine have only been on about a year and I haven't done alot of laning this year although it's been my daily drive for past 6 months.need to have a play about on the front end and have a look on the shop aswell see what's avalible.
  • TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2015 21:56 #154517 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...

Jimny-Dave wrote: New springs were ordered this morning, good old Rus @ JimnyBits B) , ordered a full set of ALL front diesel +4" driver's side springs, so will be fitting a pair on the back again, and a pair on the front with spring spacers on top... 1.5" on the passenger side, and 2" on the driver's side...

Springs are bound to sag with the use we give them... 22 trips so they've done well... consumable item? ;) LOL :whistle:

When you get the springs, can you do a little measuring for me? Total free length, total number of coils and diameter of wire / or what it's called :-)
More
26 Oct 2015 22:26 #154518 by X8GGY

gaz3359 wrote: Yea last thing you want is to damage the tyres.may need some extended bumps stops but sure fresh springs will sort the job.mine have sagged too looking at cheaper options other than buying new springs.

I've got extended bump-stops on the rear already -

More
26 Oct 2015 22:37 #154520 by X8GGY

gaz3359 wrote: Wow diesel +4's that will be big.i know you have alot of weight on your's tho dave.mine have only been on about a year and I haven't done alot of laning this year although it's been my daily drive for past 6 months.need to have a play about on the front end and have a look on the shop aswell see what's avalible.

I had +3" diesel springs on last time round -

Comparison of a +4" ORA rear spring on the left against a pair of +3" JB FRONT diesel springs on the right... diesel ones as they are weighted for a heavier engine, and I have a bit of extra weight in the Jimny, both in terms of mods and the amount of recovery kit carried...

And on the front I currently have +3" JB diesel springs with B4V spacers on the top... so it should be a +4" lift all round (the front springs on the rear giving an extra inch over +3").

But they've settled over time and 22 trips...

That's how they were when first fitted (30/11/14)

Compared to a photo from the Lakes on 18/10/15...
More
26 Oct 2015 22:38 #154521 by X8GGY

TomDK wrote:

Jimny-Dave wrote: New springs were ordered this morning, good old Rus @ JimnyBits B) , ordered a full set of ALL front diesel +4" driver's side springs, so will be fitting a pair on the back again, and a pair on the front with spring spacers on top... 1.5" on the passenger side, and 2" on the driver's side...

When you get the springs, can you do a little measuring for me? Total free length, total number of coils and diameter of wire / or what it's called :-)

Will do Tom ;)
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds