× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

More
15 Nov 2014 18:57 - 25 Nov 2014 12:00 #129609 by X8GGY
Hmm, yes, thanks Tom, I'll have a think about that too...

I noticed in this thread that standard'ish suspension is about 425mm from centre of wheel to underside of the arch... just nipped out in the cold to measure mine and I've got 495mm on the back (so about 70mm / almost 3" lift) and 485mm on the front (so 60mm / 2.5" lift) so that's not too bad... although they are newly fitted, will measure them again after I get back from a long days greenlaning tomorrow!
Last edit: 25 Nov 2014 12:00 by X8GGY.
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Nov 2014 14:07 #129703 by kirkynut

Jimny-Dave wrote: will measure them again after I get back from a long days greenlaning tomorrow!

Oooo! Is another Blog coming then?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
More
16 Nov 2014 18:44 #129755 by X8GGY

kirkynut wrote:

Jimny-Dave wrote: will measure them again after I get back from a long days greenlaning tomorrow!

Oooo! Is another Blog coming then?

Kirkynut

Yes, just got back...

And - as a teaser - the blog might include a photo of a spring lying on the floor?! :unsure: :blush:
  • darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2014 20:06 #129772 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...

Jimny-Dave wrote:
And - as a teaser - the blog might include a photo of a spring lying on the floor?! :unsure: :blush:

not a rear one??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
More
16 Nov 2014 20:38 #129781 by mlines
Did Chris come with you then? :eek::eek:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
More
17 Nov 2014 14:40 #129849 by X8GGY
Blog now up -

www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/greenlaning-no.../11/14/blog_292.html

Featuring an all-Jimny cast :-

And here's that promised spring photo! -

Another great day's 'laning... enjoy!

B)
  • Maze
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2014 22:04 #129884 by Maze
Replied by Maze on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...

Jimny-Dave wrote: Blog now up -

www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/greenlaning-no.../11/14/blog_292.html

Featuring an all-Jimny cast :-

And here's that promised spring photo! -

Another great day's 'laning... enjoy!

B)

four excellent specimens, The Jimny's are very brutal
More
30 Nov 2014 17:57 #131081 by X8GGY
Swapped the springs out today -

Went for +3" JimnyBits front diesel springs in the rear, and +3" jimnyBits front petrol springs in the front with spring spacers... As I'm carrying a bit of extra weight... not personally, just extra bumpers, winches, roll hoop, recovery gear and spares, etc...

Front fitted

Quick test-'lane ;)

Sorted -

PLEASED with the look of it now...

So, then turned my attention to the...

Rear winch!

In... and chuffed with that too!

Only protrudes a little from the line of the rear bumper...

Just got to wire it up one day next week when I have some spare time to sneak away from the shop / post office...

A fruitful day! Now off for a shower, beer, and a KFC... B)
More
30 Nov 2014 20:22 - 30 Nov 2014 20:27 #131111 by kirkynut
Looking good Dave. You'll be the man to go Laning with soon as it won't matter if members of your clan are in front or behind you, you'll still be able to recover them!

Jimny-Dave wrote: A fruitful day! Now off for a shower, beer, and a KFC... B)

You are a bad man Dave Jones! Beer and KFC! He types with a Fursty Ferret on the go and the taste of chocolate in his mouth!

Kirkynut

Edit: albeit you are already the man to go Laning with but it will be more so soon! You know what I mean!!!

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 30 Nov 2014 20:27 by kirkynut.
  • gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Nov 2014 22:54 #131137 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Looking good dave
More
01 Dec 2014 19:44 #131230 by X8GGY
More
01 Dec 2014 21:34 - 01 Dec 2014 21:35 #131252 by X8GGY

kirkynut wrote: Looking good Dave. You'll be the man to go Laning with soon as it won't matter if members of your clan are in front or behind you, you'll still be able to recover them!

I've thought for ages - that if you're greenlaning (or even offroading at a pay'n'play) - a lot of the time you drive into an obstacle and want to come back out the way you came in, so a rear winch is almost more beneficial that a front winch... in competition you want to keep pressing forward, but in the real world you just want to back out of the hole/swamp/downward slope you're (stuck) in!
Last edit: 01 Dec 2014 21:35 by X8GGY.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds