BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

made a start on winchbumper

More
14 Nov 2013 19:40 #91151 by idiotmobil
yes im quite happy theres some things i would of done differntly but i havnt the time for messing about to much as ive got the rear to do next think that itew even take longer with those corner bits and my mig is playing up so out with the ark welder, also need more grinding disk been through a box of 25 thin 4.5inch disks lol

JIMNYLESS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steffan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2013 21:47 #91176 by steffan
Replied by steffan on topic made a start on winchbumper
Buy a plasma cutter there the future

More
14 Nov 2013 22:06 #91181 by idiotmobil
ya some time i will looking for a single phase two post ramp but second hand there like rocking horse sh#t just sold my 3phase as new workshop only has single at least it went to a bloke with 3 offroader one is a landrover i nearly sent him packing but he complamented me on the jimny so i let him have it lol

JIMNYLESS

More
14 Nov 2013 22:11 #91186 by idiotmobil
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration
ive just seen this on ebay close to me its got make offer mite get it for 75-80 with cash waving in his face is it any good i know nothing about then whats needed to run them i see this uses compresser and plugs in the main do they not use gas like a welder if not i supose there cheep to run (just electric from plug and compresser)

JIMNYLESS

More
14 Nov 2013 22:37 #91196 by idiotmobil
just bought that for 85 hopfully its allright he was cutting 10mm sheet with it ok

JIMNYLESS

More
14 Nov 2013 22:57 #91199 by Rhinoman
Have you got a decent 240V supply to plug it into? it looks like that would take a lot of power to cut anything thick.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
14 Nov 2013 23:27 #91201 by idiotmobil
Ya quite good got 30 amp breaker ive pulled 17 amp on my inverter and never tripped its on 13 amp fuse plug so will be fine

JIMNYLESS

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2013 19:15 #91462 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic made a start on winchbumper

idiotmobil wrote: 1.6 in a rag top not so easy so for the trouble mite as well go striaght deisel

why is that ?????

• winter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2013 20:32 #91480 by winter
Replied by winter on topic made a start on winchbumper
yer why??

vitara_mad wrote:

idiotmobil wrote: 1.6 in a rag top not so easy so for the trouble mite as well go striaght deisel

why is that ?????

More
17 Nov 2013 14:38 - 17 Nov 2013 14:40 #91561 by idiotmobil
isnt the rag top engine differnt to the hardtop with differnt set up for the crank and cam senors i think on the rag top the toothed bit on the back of the cam has differnt amount of teeth so cam needs swapping and there was some thing with the crack senor i think one has one the other doesnt i may be completley wrong and if so would like to know

JIMNYLESS
Last edit: 17 Nov 2013 14:40 by idiotmobil.

More
20 Nov 2013 21:15 #92392 by idiotmobil
bit of a update on bumper- made the sides decided on not going round the sides to meet the arches I see these bits are just for looks and my jimnys isn't to much of a looker and it cuts down on weight
finished with etch primer and gloss black could of done with high build primer for a better finish but its only going to get knocked about
ill mount it tomarrow fit the spots and hopfully be done and make a start on the rear

JIMNYLESS
Attachments:

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2013 21:24 #92394 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic made a start on winchbumper
Perhaps a bit too much of a knock-off of the ORA winch-bumper :dry:

Other than that, it's looking good :)

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds