BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

made a start on winchbumper

More
12 Nov 2013 22:43 #90737 by idiotmobil
1.6 in a rag top not so easy so for the trouble mite as well go striaght deisel

JIMNYLESS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steffan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2013 22:52 #90744 by steffan
Replied by steffan on topic made a start on winchbumper
Point well made but am sure james aka j999pre would take it in his stride that man knows jimnys inside out

More
12 Nov 2013 22:58 #90750 by idiotmobil
i couldnt pay any one to do it i sort of know whats involved i thought the soft top sensor bits on crack and cam is different if im right the crack ones not on the 1.6 and need to change cam so not to hard if one come up cheep i may do it as have friends with scrap yards but still like the tought of a stinky deisel

JIMNYLESS

• steffan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2013 23:03 #90752 by steffan
Replied by steffan on topic made a start on winchbumper
It's not that hard if your good with a set of spanners am getting James to do mine as he has done quite a few now and his handy work is second to none

More
12 Nov 2013 23:11 #90758 by idiotmobil
im handy and stripped and rebuild my mates jimny motor (head gasket) few weeks back so know the engine ressonably well now but still the power and torgue in the deisel will be much better also the fuel should be less and should cope with water much better i need to pop and see davecc soon as hes close by think one of his kits will be the one to go for

JIMNYLESS

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2013 23:20 #90762 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic made a start on winchbumper

idiotmobil wrote: im handy and stripped and rebuild my mates jimny motor (head gasket) few weeks back so know the engine ressonably well now but still the power and torgue in the deisel will be much better also the fuel should be less and should cope with water much better i need to pop and see davecc soon as hes close by think one of his kits will be the one to go for

Y always welcome to pop by mate got a guy coming down to pick up a roof bar from Clanfield later this week nice to have some jimny owners down south :)

More
12 Nov 2013 23:27 #90767 by idiotmobil
i keep meaning to message and come down to have a look but im way off of changing the engine would of though some time next spring and ill be ready i will be wanting to go to slindon soon and i see you go there mite have to pop down there one day when you are

JIMNYLESS

More
14 Nov 2013 16:02 #91134 by idiotmobil
received the winch today and got it fitted its quite a lump toke to solinoid of the top is this recomended i was going to stuck it up by the battery to keep the water and mud away would be a lot easyer to leave on top the winch as new wires dont have to be made

cut some holes in front and top for access etc
now to clean it all up get the sides made then nearly all done

JIMNYLESS
Attachments:

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2013 16:25 #91136 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic made a start on winchbumper
Performance wise it's best to place the solenoid as close to the winchmotor as possible.
If it's an Albright solenoid it's waterproof.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2013 16:26 #91137 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic made a start on winchbumper
getting there mate good work :cheer:

More
14 Nov 2013 16:38 #91141 by idiotmobil
thats good news about solinoid its going back ontop then it is a allbright the company say to put it as high as possible but thats just them covering there back i suppose picking up some 2mm sheet tomarrow for free grinding disks were free paint was free so allits cost so far was £350 for winch and £12 for some box section i do love it when a plan comes together

JIMNYLESS

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2013 19:25 #91149 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic made a start on winchbumper
That seems to be coming along well ............. ;)

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds