× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

TPO's Jimny

More
31 Aug 2024 18:34 #257382 by TPO
Replied by TPO on topic TPO's Jimny
It isn't for cosmetics, primarily to improve stopping from 60mph (most roads around here are national speed limit) and secondarily as the rear drums look shot - I'll try to upload pictures now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2024 18:35 #257383 by TPO
Pictures of rear drums. Looks like more than just surface rust
Attachments:

More
31 Aug 2024 18:42 #257384 by TPO
I depressed the stick (out of gear, clutch down) and it slid backward into low ratio but as soon as I released the stick it jumped forward into 4H (as if it didn't "click" into place).

Vehicle has lift kit and locking hubs (unlocked when I bought it 8 days ago) so I'll have a look underneath to see if it's catching anything

More
31 Aug 2024 18:51 #257385 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic TPO's Jimny
You have mistaken the drums for brake backing plates....... And yes they're done for

More
01 Sep 2024 17:07 #257395 by TPO
Ah, gotcha. Thought it was all part of a single assembly.

More
01 Sep 2024 17:34 #257396 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic TPO's Jimny

I depressed the stick (out of gear, clutch down) and it slid backward into low ratio but as soon as I released the stick it jumped forward into 4H (as if it didn't "click" into place).

Vehicle has lift kit and locking hubs (unlocked when I bought it 8 days ago) so I'll have a look underneath to see if it's catching anything

As JackOnlyJack mentioned it could be that the lift is cauing something to catch on the 4L selector lever, perhaps it is stopping it going all of the way.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
02 Sep 2024 07:13 #257402 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic TPO's Jimny
2" to 3" bodylift could cause this. Or a broken rubber mount for the transfer case.
Slightly trimming the opening in the floor for the gear lever or bending the lever a bit, or a combination have been done to sort this.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds