BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My First ZOOK!

More
10 Oct 2020 15:53 - 10 Oct 2020 15:54 #229005 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:My First ZOOK!
Just to be clear, what this sequence does is put tpms into learning mode without the 20 minute wait AND puts it into the mode where it expects the wheels to be activated by a TPMS tool so avoiding the need to drive for 10 minutes. It's what a garage can do so they do not have to drive around and the owner gets the car back without any warning lights to wait to clear.

If the system is in learning mode and be the irongate is transmitting codes then the tpms will learn them and think they are wheels. It is not only aligned to the standard wheels, any nearby active compatible sensor will be learnt in this sequence

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 10 Oct 2020 15:54 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DAGZOOK
  • DAGZOOK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
17 Oct 2020 17:48 - 17 Oct 2020 17:50 #229217 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic My First ZOOK!
Slight change of topic - It was my birthday this week so I treated myself and the ZOOK to a GLASS introductory 4x4 course (held near Bristol Airport).

Got some great photo's of the ZOOK doing what It does best. I was the smallest vehicle there (mostly disco's and defenders) Including the YouTube 'Powerfulukltd' in his new 2020 white 110 defender. The new tyres coped surprisingly well in the mud considering they're an all terrain tread pattern.

The Jimny made it up the concrete steps which were proving a challenge for even the heavily modified big boys. I think weight and wheelbase played a big part there..

I'd welcome any tips for cleaning the ZOOK after a days pay and play - the old girl is still filthy after a lengthy power wash.

Needless to say the Jimny p**sed all over the new defender in the opinion of all three GLASS organisers. (The defender actually got stuck several times today) :whistle:
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Oct 2020 17:50 by DAGZOOK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Oct 2020 18:04 #229218 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic My First ZOOK!
Happy birthday. It's a good week for a birthday. Looks like you have had a good day out.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
17 Oct 2020 18:19 #229219 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic My First ZOOK!
I recommend a gentle but thorough hose down, using a soft brush to dislodge the dirt. Do not use a power wash (I know, too late) as this forms a grit blaster with the power of the water and the dirt on the car. Particularly avoid power washing the swivels at the front and the hubs/drums at the back as this will force dirty water into the bearings.

Get the end of the hose well up into the wheel arches and up underneath the front bumper. Also over the top of the chassis and fuel tank by reaching in through the wheel arches at the back. Do it as soon as you can to avoid it hardening on.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
17 Oct 2020 18:29 - 17 Oct 2020 18:30 #229220 by DAGZOOK
Thanks Martin,

Guilty as charged, I had already gotten the worse off with a power washer. I then left a garden sprinkler under the car for about half an hour which seemed to work.

I'll have another go tomorrow. Oh how I wish I had space for a 2 post lift :blink:
Last edit: 17 Oct 2020 18:30 by DAGZOOK.

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
18 Oct 2020 16:53 - 18 Oct 2020 16:54 #229239 by DAGZOOK
Update:

The corded version of the Iron Gate TPMS bypass unit has arrived today, so I'll be conducting tests this week. Hopefully it's successful as otherwise I'll be getting my tyres re-fitted with TPMS sensors :blink:

In addition, as previously mentioned I had a birthday last week, so obviously I got some obligatory jimny related gifts.... Both excellent additions to the Gen.4's interior if you ask me as storage space is minimal. Both available via Jimnystyle.

Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Oct 2020 16:54 by DAGZOOK.

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
23 Oct 2020 09:22 - 23 Oct 2020 09:48 #229424 by DAGZOOK
TPMS UPDATE:

I had the same difficulty with the corded version, despite many attempts to synchronise it IAW the Iron Gate instructions. I reached out to Martin for some advice as I was at a loose end. A huge thank you to Martin who's provided background support to me from the beginning. He kindly sent me his TPMS activation/reading tool which I used to aid my review for you all.

This morning I had success!!! The TMPS error light has now disappeared and seems to remain so when the car is restarted. In the end it was the battery device that I utilised, because it was that device that I was able to test away from the vehicle to ensure it was transmitting I.D's.

I'll try and summarise the steps I took in order to get the device to work correctly:

1. With the Iron Gates unit inside the house away from the vehicle, I used the Foxwell TPMS reader to detect all four 'Dummy' I.Ds. The Reader successfully picked up four 'dummy sensors'. Which gave me comfort that I didn't have a duff device. (See attached photographs).

2. I then checked the Jimnys ECU for any TMPS fault codes, none were displayed. (I suspect perhaps you need the SUZUKI software to access this part of the ECU as the OBD 2 diagnostic kit didn't seem to scan that particular function.

3. I repeated the 'manual' TPMS synchronisation step whereby the door button is pressed in sequence to force the TPMS system into 'learning mode'.

4. Within 180 seconds of doing this I then activated the 'Dummy I.Ds' whilst sat inside the vehicle. This was unsuccessful and the light didn't reset.

5. Finally one last hoorah, after doing the above I placed the TPMS unit (battery operated) on the back seat pushed into the back rest and bottom seat gap (same location that I've used consistently). I took the Jimny to a quiet road, placed it in calibration mode and drove for approximately 1.5kms where to my disbelief the TPMS error light disappeared.

6. I then pulled over and restarted the car to check whether or not the light came back on again. It didn't SUCCESS!!

The only variable here is the fact that I manually activated the bypass unit's TPMS I.D's before repeating the Iron Gates instructions. I did this within the 180 second window specified after conducting the manual door button reset procedure.

I had tried that exact same route dozens of times before with no success using the same driving and calibration techniques. It's a shame there's no smoking gun here, but ultimately, it's not realistic to expect every customer to have access to a TPMS reader to achieve what I've done above. I can't whole heartedly recommend the Iron Gates By-pass unit because of the difficulty that I've had setting it up. However with perseverance and MUCH trial and error, the system seems to be working for me.

I'll provide a long-term review within a month or so to report back any further trouble/success.

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Oct 2020 09:48 by DAGZOOK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines, Lambert, lookonimages

• Lambert
    Registered
More
23 Oct 2020 15:02 #229429 by Lambert
Good that you have got it sorted, it sounds like quite the faff!

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
23 Oct 2020 16:05 - 23 Oct 2020 16:06 #229433 by DAGZOOK

Lambert wrote: Good that you have got it sorted, it sounds like quite the faff!

There has been the odd night where I wished I'd bought a Gen.3...... :laugh:
Last edit: 23 Oct 2020 16:06 by DAGZOOK.

• kellogs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jan 2021 15:46 #231993 by kellogs
Replied by kellogs on topic My First ZOOK!
Hi,

been trying to reach @DAGZOOK for two months, here via PM and outside by email. No answer. Does anyone here know him more closely, is he alright ? I am the seller of the TPMS gadgets and would like to get in touch with him.

Thanks

• kellogs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2021 10:16 #233032 by kellogs
Replied by kellogs on topic My First ZOOK!
3 months and no sign from him. Definitely wouldn't do business with this chap again.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
20 Feb 2021 10:26 #233033 by Lambert
Erm with respect we don't know what the situation is here especially with the implications of covid19. A little patience and understanding might not be unreasonable.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds