BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Just purchased my first Jimny

More
13 Feb 2019 07:29 #203089 by adrianr
Will do. No ABS on mine though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Feb 2019 07:49 #203090 by Lambert
Ah ok. Will be interested to see if it matches the GPS then.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
13 Feb 2019 18:27 #203133 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Just purchased my first Jimny

Lambert wrote: Ley us know how you get on with it. Especially the speed, I'm interested in how the ecu calculates it. As in does it cross reference the gearbox output sensor with the abs sensors to account for tyre size and wear to keep the odometer accurate etc etc.

Does it really do that? I doubt it knows what the speed of the wheel is by the ABS sensor, unless its tapping into some sort of traction control system maybe?

The standard jimny has a speedo sensor on the rear output of the transfer box, likley the same for you Lambert? I would imagine the device is simply reading the ECU data from that sensor? Is there a correction option in the menu for that? I think Dave (S200KYS) has one of these and thats mainly what he wanted it for...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Feb 2019 18:56 #203138 by Lambert
Yeah it does have the correction facility but just using the raw data it's reading correct to the gps not the cluster and i know for a fact that even though my bfg's are 205's they are noticeably taller than the duelers it came with. Hence wondering if the abs and propshaft sensors are correlated in some way?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
13 Feb 2019 19:02 #203142 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Just purchased my first Jimny
Maybe you've found the sweet spot with the tire's it should have came fitted with in the first place :laugh:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
15 Feb 2019 07:56 - 15 Feb 2019 08:14 #203248 by kirkynut
You've realised my dream of green with old english white/cream wheels!

I'm a bit behind I know but I don't get on here as often as I'd like these days.

It looks every bit as good as I'd envisaged it would and you've done a grand job!

I think that if I were to buy another Jimny I would get one in this green and paint the wheels the same colour as you have with a Trailmaster 2" Comfort lift kit and a Jimny Bits hidden winch mount behind the front bumper housing a Goodwinch 9500lb winch. It would wear 215/75/15 BFG mud terrains on standard gearing. It would also have a full length roof rack like Dave Jones has, as they sell in Jimny Bits too. That would make me happy to have as a daily.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 15 Feb 2019 08:14 by kirkynut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adrianr

More
15 Feb 2019 08:03 #203249 by adrianr
Cheers kirkynut

It was your comment that got me thinking.

I'm pleased with the combination. I have had several comments from passers-by in car parks about the combo as well.

More
15 Feb 2019 08:37 #203250 by kirkynut
Cool! It just seems right!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
17 Feb 2019 10:57 #203344 by adrianr
I noticed the passenger wiper arm moving about at the base whilst driving in the rain yesterday.

It was the usual suspect - wear in the nylon bush. So rotated it 180 degrees as suggested elsewhere on this great site and problem sorted for now.

More
17 Apr 2019 07:44 #206258 by adrianr
HI All

Having started a new business project with my old business partner I find that Wee Jimmy has been sat alone in the drive and has only done 8 miles in 6 weeks.

Given the scope of the business project and the time I am putting in, I think it would be best to let someone else enjoy the Jimny now that it has been made ready to play.

So if anyone has any interest or knows of someone who is interested please let me know. Ideally, I would like to recoup what I have put in if possible meaning I want £2700. That may be too rich for some. I'll probably stick it on eBay and a few other places in any case.

You have all been ace, and no doubt I'll be back on here in the future once things settle down. I do fancy one of the new Jimny's in the future.

More
10 May 2019 07:09 #207649 by adrianr
Sold last night - to a nice man from Halifax. Hope he will enjoy Wee Jimmy as much as I did.

• buddhuu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 May 2019 10:33 #207666 by buddhuu
Replied by buddhuu on topic Just purchased my first Jimny
That's a little sad to see you go your separate ways. I just read through this whole fascinating thread. I just wish I understood it as much as I enjoyed it, LOL.

Best to you and to the new owner.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds