BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now closed at 148 vehicles!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Wheel nut Question.

More
28 Jun 2024 21:47 #256521 by KFP
Wheel nut Question. was created by KFP
Do I need different wheel nuts if I change from steel wheels to alloys?
If so.Will this affect my locking nut?

2024 LCV in Brisk Blue.
Standard as a Standard thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2024 02:39 #256524 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Wheel nut Question.
It will depend on the alloy wheels you choose, OEM alloys use the same nuts as the OEM steel wheels.

Take one of your lug nuts off, it can be one holding the spare, and examine it, you'll see it has a taper that fits into a matching taper on the wheel rim - this is what is known as "lug centric", the taper of the lug nuts centers the wheel on the hub.

Some alloy rims are hub centric and these need hubs with a protruding "spigot" and either the wheel center bore is a close fit to the spigot or you fit a "centering ring" to center the wheel on the spigot. This style of rim will have a flat seat where the nut sits, and these need a "shanked" nut with a washer to clamp the wheel to the hub.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds