BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fuel line fittings for fuel tank

More
01 Mar 2023 10:02 #247806 by hJohn
My order has been refunded now. I don't know if I'm going to do normal fuel line or my own AN line yet. Have you made any more progress gv42?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2023 09:24 #247839 by hJohn
I have had a look at what I would need to solve this using AN lines.
  • 5/16" quick connect to AN6 adapter
  • 3/8" quick connect to AN6 adapter
  • AN6 steel braided hose 2 x 4 meters
  • AN6 hose end x 2
  • A couple of AN6 hose holders
  • Tools for assembling the AN lines
Is there anything that I have missed?
All of this is quite expensive from the local motorsports supplier, 200 GBP not including tools.

More
03 Mar 2023 16:41 #247866 by gv42
www.autosiliconehoses.com/about-us

Getting fuel hose here

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

More
03 Mar 2023 16:49 #247867 by gv42
We are going with rubber fuel hose and clips, and those plastic connecters

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

More
02 Nov 2023 20:07 #251925 by hJohn
Been a while since I disassembled everything and I can't remember how it's supposed to go back together.Does anyone know how it's supposed to be connected?

I assume the unlabeled pipe from the fuel pump goes to "EVAPO PIPE", as for the other two which goes on the bigger pipe on the injector rail? "DELIVERY PIPE" or "PRESS RGLTR"
Attachments:

More
04 Nov 2023 07:07 #251943 by facade
The largest diameter is the pressure feed (delivery ) from the pump. It goes to the open end of the fuel rail.
The thinnest pipe (I think- or are there 2 thin ones?) is the vent and goes to the evap canister to trap the fumes.
The thinner than delivery is the return pipe and goes to the outlet of the regulator.

The Plan is that any surplus fuel is leaked off by the regulator (and comes out of it) to maintain pressure in the rail.

I'd imagine that the return pipe goes down into the fuel for silencing, whereas the vent is in fresh air right at the top of the tank, so if you blow into the return spigot you will hear bubbles

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
07 Nov 2023 05:36 #252012 by hJohn
In this video they showed two of the lines connected so I just copied that, now everything works as it should.

More
07 Nov 2023 14:00 #252014 by facade

In this video they showed two of the lines connected so I just copied that, now everything works as it should.

Not with only 2 lines connected it won't...

If you haven't connected the return pipe, where does it go?

If it is blanked at the regulator then the regulator won't work as it can't bleed off pressure and the rail will be at the pump's maximum pressure.

Or do you mean that you actually connected all 3 pipes, taking the return from the regulator to the one that they didn't connect in the video?

That is how it should work.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds