× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

The story of my icelandic Suzuki Jimny 2002

More
07 Aug 2020 13:37 #226232 by mxman
Hi guys,

I introduced myself last week after I acquired my first ever Suzuki Jimny here in Iceland.

I am quite excited as this is going to be the daily driver I wanted, plus cant wait to test it on snow.

The story is quite funky: I bought it for circa 300 euros, with 156.000 Km, after the lady told me it needed a clutch, the 4x4 didnt work, the shocks were destroyed and the exhaust was damaged. She was getting paid 150 euros from the local scrapyard, but I did offer her a bit more.

After a short inspection, I noted the exhaust was not attached to the car, and I just needed to put it back on it with the rubber. Also, the "destroyed shocks" actually was nothing but a loose shock. One new bolt and there we go!

I tightened the clutch a bit more, although I am a not so positive on how long it will last. It has 205/70 winter tires, and the rims are a disgrace of rust. I was thinking about sandblasting them and painting them in black, but the cost was about 60 euros a wheel. So instead of spending 240 euros, I found a local guy who was selling his black steel rims from the Jimny Gen4 with the 195/80 brand new all year tires for 300 euros, they even come with the pressure sensors that I dont need, so if anyone interested, I would be happy to sell them.

That is the first mod I did, new tires and rims.

I recently bought also the vacum piping that locks the front axle, so I am expecting to replace that very soon.

Hope you like my Jimny story and I might start thinking of lifting it 1 or 2''.

Thoughts?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2020 17:18 #226246 by Scimike
Hi MXman and welcome to Jimny ownership.
Looks like you have found a good Jimny, clutch is not a big problem if it needs replacing.
Iceland is the perfect home for the Jimny, it's on my "must visit list", much better than the Stoke!
Lift - I would just get better tyres as you plan and see how you get on. The lift will not give you any better clearance under the axle, drive it and see what hits the floor first and adapt accordingly.
Have fun, photos of a Jimny in Iceland please
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
08 Aug 2020 10:34 #226332 by mxman
Thanks Scimike for your answer.
I am aware the tires are not the best, but hey, they are brand new and for the time being they look terrific with the black steel wheels.

I will post some pictures around Iceland hopefully soon. This car needs a good amount of love before giving me adventures. I just bought the vaccum lines to lock the front axle.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds