BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

What battery are you using?

More
21 Oct 2010 15:27 #5283 by Johnniehec
nearside engine bay is the place to go, I'd to do a bit of panel beating to get the clearance under the bonnet.

Attachment IMG_0116.JPG not found

A tidy up, some paint and a bar to move the washer bottle forward.

Attachment IMG_0126.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_0129.JPG not found

And hey presto job done!

Attachment IMG_0170.JPG not found

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2010 18:17 #5285 by Garry
Thats exactly what i plan to do.

how have you hooked power up to the second battery?

More
22 Oct 2010 11:55 #5289 by Johnniehec
Here's a copy of the reply I posted in another topic in this forum,
On the subject of alternators, I've fitted a second battery (Numax)in the engine bay and wired in parallel with the original though a 200A relay. The switch live to the relay is an ignition live (cigarette lighter) through a switch on the dash.
When I close the relay there's a notable extra load on the alternator as the revs drop and belt starts to slip.From various forums I have read of others who have done this and thought that you couldn't "overload" the alternator as it can only ever output it's maximum. Do I need to upgrade the alternator or just tighten the belt!
I've still not got a solution, I've charged both batteries up separately with a mains charger and tightened the belt but no joy yet. I bought two new belts this week and will fit tomorrow, fingers crossed!

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds