BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

anti roll bar?

More
06 Oct 2010 18:01 #4973 by jonplace
Replied by jonplace on topic Re:anti roll bar?
i have es3000 on mine with a 2" rhino ray lift. never noticed any difference when removed roll bar. ES3000 are fairly firm for a jimny. the 1000 are a bit softer.
MOT no problem either
if you dont like it you can always stick it back on, only a few bolts
helps axle flex when offroad so i'd say do it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2010 18:03 #4974 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re:anti roll bar?
jonplace wrote:

i have es3000 on mine with a 2" rhino ray lift. never noticed any difference when removed roll bar. ES3000 are fairly firm for a jimny. the 1000 are a bit softer.
MOT no problem either
if you dont like it you can always stick it back on, only a few bolts
helps axle flex when offroad so i'd say do it

Great thanks :), think thats sealed the deal and I'll take it off at the weekend B) . After all, I can always put it back on if I dont like it...

More
06 Oct 2010 18:06 #4975 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:anti roll bar?
I took mine off and I'd say I could notice the difference slightly but not massively. At the end of the day you can't drive a Jimny fast and you definately can't drive a lifted Jimny fast - so in day to day driving it's not an issue - not too sure how a big swerve on the motorway would be if I had to avoid something - so I keep a big distance and my speed down.

Get it off - get it muddy and no-one will know it ever had one on it. There are so many bits of bracket etc on a Jimny I doubt when it's all been covered in mud and nothing looks like it recently came off that anyone would cast a thought to it.

Get it off - get it lifted - take some pictures of the flex you have achieved - post them on here!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2010 16:53 #5007 by Adamski
ARB has now been removed and loving it! Bring on the twistys B)

More
08 Oct 2010 16:55 #5008 by jonplace
Replied by jonplace on topic Re:anti roll bar?
so have you been for a spin on the roads ? notice any difference ?

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2010 17:01 #5009 by Adamski

jonplace wrote: so have you been for a spin on the roads ? notice any difference ?

Yeah took it for a good blast on both dual carriageways and twisty country roads. I can definitely notice a difference however it is very subtle and I really cant see it being a problem. I think my stiffer shocks and offset wheels definitely help.

I think I have also got to the bottom of my engine problem by replacing the Crankshaft sensor :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds