BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Air Conditioning Problem

• leswilluk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jun 2011 09:49 #17665 by leswilluk
Replied by leswilluk on topic Re: Air Conditioning Problem
Hi I Have a 2009 Jimny with air con and push button 4WD, when I used the car today in 4WD and 4WD low the green air con light stayed on it did not seem to affect the operation of the air con.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2011 10:51 #17666 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Re: Air Conditioning Problem
Hi - thanks for that info, mine is a 2007, but I would have thought they were the same. As I undertsand it now, with the excellent help of both Facade and Martin, when you turn the a/c on the green light will always come on. This gives a negative to the compressor clutch which then engages. However the wire to the clutch passes through the 4wd controller and this interrupts it in 4wd and low. So although the green light will stay on, it disengages the compressor clutch. Maybe it was just picking up cold from the heater box.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
16 Jun 2011 13:34 #17875 by Obarno
Quick question (again!) facade - I've now got the wiring diagram, and the switch I am going to use (hrw)infact has a warning light built in so would seem to be ideal. However if I connect the bulb to the blue/red for the switched negative and a permanent live to the other side of the bulb do you think that either the bulb will be alight all the time, or will I damage something by feeding a live (through the bulb) back into the system. Maybe that's why Suzuki used a double pole switch to stop this happening.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
16 Jun 2011 14:18 #17876 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re: Air Conditioning Problem
As far as I can see, connect one side of the bulb to the yellow and blue that went to the original switch (live) and the blue and red that goes to the aircon. (that you are now taking to earth through the new switch)

If the bulb is one of those that has its earth connection inside the switch, and just a live feed, connect the live to yellow/blue, and the end of the switch that is joined to the bulb to blue/red, taking the other side of the switch to earth wire.

Cant see any reason not to from the diagram :whistle:

(I did once have this great idea of wiring in a flashing LED on our Corsa , so it flashed with the ignition off, like an alarm. I connected the LED across the ignition switch, from live in to switched live out. Worked perfectly except the battery was flat in a week: the switched live just feeds an ecu input, not a coil so there was enough current to keep the ecu awake :pinch: )

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
18 Jun 2011 15:11 #17964 by Obarno
Thanks again for that - when I read what I wrote it sounded as if I had the switch, but the truth is that its somewhere in either the uk or French postal systems! Anyway when it eventually turns up I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

LED thing sounds the sort of thing I would do!

More
14 Jul 2011 11:41 #18941 by Obarno
I know you have all been waiting with baited breath to hear the final part of the story!! OK then - not so interesting except to me. Anyway eventually the switch turned up and has now been fitted. I took a switched live to one side of the bulb, a negative to one terminal on the switch and the a/c wire blue red to the other. Worked a treat and the bulb lights up when the a/c is on. Unfortunately the dash light bulb didn't work but not really a problem. The only difficult bit about fitting the switch is that its designed to have a 'plug' connection and therefore the pins are small and very close together, but overcame this and its fine.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds