× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Spotlight relay wiring help

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Feb 2019 05:38 #203427 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Spotlight relay wiring help
Sounds like a latching relay not a switching one either that or it's defective internally?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2019 12:04 - 19 Feb 2019 12:06 #203452 by kirkynut
This is Dave Jones' diagram for the future reference of anyone who stumbles across this post:

File Attachment:

On the back of the headlamp plug you need to pull the rubber insulation off of the plug its self and look at the back of the plug where the wires are crimped into place. You need the red wire with grey dots on it marked 'drive' on the plug. You'd think it would be the one marked 'pass' but it's not.

If they're staying on when you turn your main beam off I suggest that there is an issue with the relay sticking. They're cheap enough. Halfords sell Ring relays, which I have historically used and they seem reliable enough.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 19 Feb 2019 12:06 by kirkynut.

More
22 Jul 2024 12:07 #256909 by Spitfire9
Does the high beam wire have 12v on dip and then when switched to high beam it goes away,does than mean it goes to earth,so it's eating the relay?

More
22 Jul 2024 12:33 #256910 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Spotlight relay wiring help
What does 'eating the relay" mean?

Yes, the high beam wire has 12v on it until you switch to high beam at which time it goes to ground/earth.

More
22 Jul 2024 12:44 #256911 by Spitfire9
My jb74 lcv has h4 lamps and the wire colour is yellow brown and black on offside front headlamp, which one to connect to main beam going to relay or if I have separate switch in cab does it go to that?

More
22 Jul 2024 23:48 #256923 by Filipao
Replied by Filipao on topic Spotlight relay wiring help
Brown

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds