BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

SUSPENSION/TYRE/BODY LIFT

• chechan rebel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2011 01:06 #16214 by chechan rebel
Replied by chechan rebel on topic Re: SUSPENSION/TYRE/BODY LIFT
Ok so i finally got my jimny, ended up with 2003 model with 95,000 klms on it, pretty smick. My lift kit an heap of other parts are on there way...............I have one other question regarding 2" body lift, does this mean my front an rear bumpers wont bolt back on the same??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• srcars
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2011 05:22 #16216 by srcars
Replied by srcars on topic Re: SUSPENSION/TYRE/BODY LIFT
On mine the rear bumper and the upper part of the front bumper were body mounted so went straight back on (I am not using the rear lower mounts but it seem ok). On the front I left the lower part of the bumper in position and made a couple of simple brackets to hold allow the raised upper bumper regain some support. The resulting gap is filled with matching mesh grille.

Another point I have never seen mentioned is when you do a body lift if you dissconnect the steering column make sure you reconnect the steering wheel side within a few splines of where it started. The electrical contacts for the steering wheel (airbag and horn) are connected via a flat cable resembling a clock work spring held in a flat cartridge. This allows 2 1/2 turns fronm straight in each direction so if you dont keep it aligned you risk ripping the wires out on full lock, I found out the hard way :whistle: although it is repairable it was a very fiddly.

More
13 May 2011 06:57 #16266 by ooky_123
I did the same, only I havnt used the lower mountings at all, and I just cut the front cross members to make the bumper fit.

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds