× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Opinion on Selling 2016 Jimny SZ3 40K miles

More
24 Aug 2024 19:07 #257328 by auchenblae
No decision taken yet but we will replace the car either October or in the spring.

40K miles and fully serviced, just redone the underseal.

I guess a trade in would be say £8500 to £9000 approx.
Autotrader advises to sell it on there for £10,000.

I am intrested in someone who has sold a car of this age and value recently to advise if it is too much bother and to try to find a private buyer at this value.

Probably going for a Suzuki Ignis Allgrip.

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Aug 2024 04:31 #257335 by Lambert
I've just looked and see one exactly like my 2016 spare on for 20k though with a quarter of the milage. 10k is way too soft, you'd be giving it away, unless it is a category car?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 Aug 2024 08:34 #257338 by auchenblae
The question was has anyone sold such a car privetly. Most people at this price point buy on some form of bank loan or PCP. As I am not a dealer but a private seller, I do not offer credit facilities or any waranty, which I suspect is what most people are after at that price point.

I get the feeling that getting a private sale at that price point could be an issue but someone on the forum may popup with a comment on actually doing such a private sale.

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Aug 2024 12:34 #257341 by Lambert
Just because you don't have the facilities to let someone buy it on the never never doesn't mean that you value it less

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 Aug 2024 15:19 #257345 by Rogerzilla
I sold an 11 year-old MX-5 for about £9,000 a few months ago, so you can do it.

More
25 Aug 2024 20:18 #257349 by auchenblae
Thanks for that Rogerzilla.

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds