BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

diesel jimny

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2013 13:33 #94279 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic diesel jimny

410shotgun wrote: ok can you get a kit to fit a diesel engine in
or do you have to make the bits up

Yes i do do the adaptor plates G series only at the mo but M series will be available around Christmas January time its just i have not tested out the M series yet but have one im making for my winch truck so once in and running it will be available

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2013 13:35 #94280 by Dave cc

Mick C wrote:

Dave cc wrote:

iloveics wrote:

Busta wrote: A modern diesel won't be any better than a petrol in deep water! There's a lot more tech on then than the old ones.

So true.

Modern diesel injectors are electronically controlled. They would be just as useless in water.

What you want is a proper diesel engine, like a Peugeot XUD9

What you want is a proper diesel engine, like a 4EE1 Isuzu :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice B) if it's anything like the 4JG2 it'll be bomb proof.

They are bomb proof these engines and ok bit heavier than a Jim engine but no where as big and heavy as the TUD pug engine

More
03 Dec 2013 10:53 #94397 by Grasshopper
Replied by Grasshopper on topic diesel jimny
A Peugeot XUD engine in a Jimny for me would be a fantastic marriage.

One of my old vehicles is a 'K' reg 205 still going strong averaging 63.7 MPG and torque to pull a house down, love it. During a working life I have been involved with vast marine diesels and your average range of truck engines but that XUD is something very special.

The only benefit of age is experience.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2013 18:02 #94435 by Dave cc

Grasshopper wrote: A Peugeot XUD engine in a Jimny for me would be a fantastic marriage.

One of my old vehicles is a 'K' reg 205 still going strong averaging 63.7 MPG and torque to pull a house down, love it. During a working life I have been involved with vast marine diesels and your average range of truck engines but that XUD is something very special.

XUD Fine good engine just a bit heavy and bulky for a jimny but that is just my opion

• Back in Black
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 10:40 #94501 by Back in Black
Replied by Back in Black on topic diesel jimny
Sorry to kidnap the thread.....

Dave - can you give more details about your fitting kit for the 4EE1 Isuzu (or links to where there are more details)? Sounds interesting :)

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 11:03 #94502 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic diesel jimny
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationwhats your thoughts on this jimny ????

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 13:28 #94528 by Dave cc

Back in Black wrote: Sorry to kidnap the thread.....

Dave - can you give more details about your fitting kit for the 4EE1 Isuzu (or links to where there are more details)? Sounds interesting :)

PM me

• page
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2013 21:05 #94606 by page
Replied by page on topic diesel jimny
The kit off Dave is very well made I got one ready for my jim

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds