BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
20 Jul 2021 18:30 #236837 by Soeley
Bought this after my little one blew the cigarette lighter fuse on Sunday. 

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2021 07:03 - 22 Jul 2021 07:04 #236861 by JYM
        GruppeM RAM Air System, looks beautiful..  
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jul 2021 07:04 by JYM. Reason: Attaching the pictures

More
22 Jul 2021 10:28 - 22 Jul 2021 10:30 #236869 by lookonimages
Frontrunner base deck for the back.

Last edit: 22 Jul 2021 10:30 by lookonimages.

More
22 Jul 2021 10:31 #236870 by Gadget

GruppeM RAM Air System, looks beautiful..  

That looks amazing! Not sure about how beneficial it would be without ducting to the outside of the engine bay though? Doesn't it just suck in warm air from around the engine?

More
22 Jul 2021 10:58 #236872 by JYM
From GruppeM website :
" This beautifully crafted high capacity RAM AIR SYSTEM makes full use of the engine bay drawing in the greatest amount of ambient air available. The carbon fiber filter case prevents heated air from entering intake stream lowering intake temperature increasing horsepower and torque throughout the power band. Delivering a sharp, crisp boost in performance revealing a truly sporty sound at high rpm. "
So, hopefully everything will work the way they say,
I could not find any reviews of using it in Suzuki Jimny's, this company making those Systems for hi performance cars, hopefully they know what they doing, I will report later (after installation and some testing)

More
22 Jul 2021 11:42 #236874 by lookonimages

JYM wrote: From GruppeM website :
" This beautifully crafted high capacity RAM AIR SYSTEM makes full use of the engine bay drawing in the greatest amount of ambient air available. The carbon fiber filter case prevents heated air from entering intake stream lowering intake temperature increasing horsepower and torque throughout the power band. Delivering a sharp, crisp boost in performance revealing a truly sporty sound at high rpm. "
I could not find any reviews of using it in Suzuki Jimny's, this company making those Systems for hi performance cars, hopefully they know what they doing, I will report later (after installation and some testing)

Let us know your finding.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
22 Jul 2021 18:42 #236890 by Soeley

From GruppeM website :
Does 'Ram Air' not normally mean the air is ducted from the front of the car, either right behind the grille or bonnet scoop. The ambient air under the bonnet will be hotter than the air outside the car, so not sure how the Carbon will stop that?

Hope you are happy with it though, will be interested to see what you think of it when used for some miles.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2021 19:40 #236891 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic What did the postman bring today
  Ram Air Suzuki, hardly new. I had one in the mid 70s. Back then it was a bit of bent metal plate nailed to the cylinder head (venturi effect). Chris
Attachments:

More
24 Jul 2021 10:13 #236919 by Roger Fairclough
The ram air system on Suzuki bikes was purely to cool the top of the cylinder heads. 2 strokes loose power if the heads overheat, hence the bent metal plate that forces air across the tops of the heads.
It was not designed in any way to boost air into the engine.

I don't know where the Gruppe M system actually fits but I am dubious about it's abilities. Are there any technical figures to back up their claims?

Roger

Roger

More
24 Jul 2021 10:20 #236920 by Coco BT
DRL Bulbs from the shop, Thanks! Parcels are piling up, Collecting her next weekend 

More
24 Jul 2021 15:16 #236925 by HUN

I bought a quality Bluetooth obd adaptor to use with the excellent SZ-viewer. Those guys sell the adaptors for 'bikes, and the Guzzi one they sold me was perfect, so I'm happy to plug them

Don't waste money on eBay & Amazon rubbish, these do NOT work.  I had the blue Vgate one apart, and it seems very well made, I think it is just faulty, but I'm hardly going to send it back to China. (I've had the blue Vgate one a few years, and it has never worked, I bought the white one last week- I'll get onto the eBay seller)

It is true what they say- buy cheap buy twice....

Does that quality one read codes of Gen 3 Jimny with no problem?

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers

More
25 Jul 2021 06:30 #236943 by JYM

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds