BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Just got a Jimny :-)

More
18 Apr 2013 22:59 - 18 Apr 2013 23:01 #68996 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Just got a Jimny :-)
They had to have done something, because logically a massive price hike for females could only have resulted in a reduction for males, as the pool of cash generated must have got larger, but the price for males has still gone up as it does every year......

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 18 Apr 2013 23:01 by facade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fyffe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2013 10:32 #69003 by Fyffe
Replied by Fyffe on topic Re: Just got a Jimny :-)

GuardianAngel wrote:

Fyffe wrote: Most Insurers tend to base it on percentage of BHP for example adding a K&N filter doesn't have to be declared as it wont raise your BHP by 10%. This depends on the insurer though but i'm reasonably confident that window tints wont change your insurance anyways. Plus you being a girl and all already gives you about a £1'500 discount compared to me :L

Insurers are not allowed to discriminated directly on gender anymore due to an EU ruling that came into force last December.

That may be the law but sure as shit isn't the case. One of my friends is the same age as me lives 5 doors down everything is the exact same and she is a grand cheaper than i am from what i can only presume is a lack of a penis

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2013 10:40 #69004 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: Re: Just got a Jimny :-)

Fyffe wrote:

GuardianAngel wrote:

Fyffe wrote: Most Insurers tend to base it on percentage of BHP for example adding a K&N filter doesn't have to be declared as it wont raise your BHP by 10%. This depends on the insurer though but i'm reasonably confident that window tints wont change your insurance anyways. Plus you being a girl and all already gives you about a £1'500 discount compared to me :L

Insurers are not allowed to discriminated directly on gender anymore due to an EU ruling that came into force last December.

That may be the law but sure as shit isn't the case. One of my friends is the same age as me lives 5 doors down everything is the exact same and she is a grand cheaper than i am from what i can only presume is a lack of a penis

See my last reply!

More
19 Apr 2013 10:45 #69005 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Just got a Jimny :-)
Welcome along Sophie!

I think Sophie must know the price of the insurance on her Jimjam as she's already out learning in it!

The gearing will be different Sophie as it's a 4wd so has bigger wheels and is expected to climb over things etc, it's just something to get used to. You'll probably find you have to rev it more to get it to go, go, go!

My Mrs insurance went up a lot with the eu ruling and mine the usual amount. So I think they are just rubbing their hands together!

Suzuki made rear blinds that go in both side windows and the rear. They were black fabric with lots of little holes in so you could see out but not in. They had a bendy frame and little metal clips that clip onto the frames of the windows. I have them in mine. Might be worth keeping an eye on eBay for Sophie.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: SophieFletch30

• Fyffe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2013 10:47 #69006 by Fyffe
Replied by Fyffe on topic Re: Re: Just got a Jimny :-)
See my last reply![/quote]

Yeh so you still get a massive discount for being female they just use a different way to calculate it loop holing the EU thing you mentioned?

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2013 10:51 #69008 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: Re: Re: Just got a Jimny :-)

Fyffe wrote: See my last reply!

Yeh so you still get a massive discount for being female they just use a different way to calculate it loop holing the EU thing you mentioned?[/quote]

Yes your are correct! I think its sh1t too.

Women have more accidents than men, but the problem is they are generally minor. Men have fewer but generally more spectacular ones that cause more damage/injuries so are considered riskier.

• Fyffe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2013 10:56 #69010 by Fyffe
Replied by Fyffe on topic Re: Re: Re: Just got a Jimny :-)
Aha Thanks for clearing that up there. I think the really do need to address the whole cost of young drivers thing because they are starting to take the piss more and more even if they just bump up the 25+ guys by a tenner year it would start to make a diffidence to first year drivers cause i'm lucky if i get a quote cheaper than £2'500!!!

More
19 Apr 2013 11:02 #69011 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Just got a Jimny :-)
Kirkynut I believe ins for a provisional holder is actually very cheap the reasoning being they can't drive alone so the risk is smaller!

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

More
19 Apr 2013 11:05 - 19 Apr 2013 11:06 #69012 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Re: Just got a Jimny :-)
Supergaz
I'd like to know where you get your insurance as mine is around £300 on a standard Jimny!! And I'm 65 ex hgv driver with nothing on my licence??????

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 19 Apr 2013 11:06 by gilburton.

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2013 12:02 #69014 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: Re: Re: Just got a Jimny :-)

Fyffe wrote: Aha Thanks for clearing that up there. I think the really do need to address the whole cost of young drivers thing because they are starting to take the piss more and more even if they just bump up the 25+ guys by a tenner year it would start to make a diffidence to first year drivers cause i'm lucky if i get a quote cheaper than £2'500!!!

Its my fault I didn't explain it very well.

Age is altogether another factor which they can't discriminate on yet, but I would expect this to come into play in the future.

But, as always, the analysts will correlate a whole load of data to load the premium using other factors to get the same result.

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2013 12:58 #69016 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: Just got a Jimny :-)
I found adrian flux the cheapest for me 600 first year with them at 21 and now down to 400 after finance added at 25 with all breakdown and keycar and 5 years ncb

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• SophieFletch30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2013 14:56 #69019 by SophieFletch30
Replied by SophieFletch30 on topic Just got a Jimny :-)
I know the insurance is pretty pricey when I passed - talked to my mum about it and I'm still pretty unsure about what's going to happen. May have to lean on a few family memebers to help me out haha :-)

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds