BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

• chrisharman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2013 16:29 - 13 Mar 2013 16:30 #65552 by chrisharman
Replied by chrisharman on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Fitted my ora front recovery points today.had a slight problem
with the drivers side,didnt seem to fit perfect.which has made it
slightly lower tham the other side.
Last edit: 13 Mar 2013 16:30 by chrisharman. Reason: writting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2013 21:35 #65589 by dirtydogz
Had my cat welded for the second time :angry: but this time by so one who can weld. :)

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....

• Vytrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2013 22:15 #65592 by Vytrix
Replied by Vytrix on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Give my trayback it's first outing and bust the rear prop!

Attachments:

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2013 22:17 #65593 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic What did you do to your jimny today
That trayback's looking awesome B)

• JivingDaddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2013 18:02 #65786 by JivingDaddy
Replied by JivingDaddy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Fitted a steering damper.

A bit of faffing about as I thought I might have cross-threaded a retaining nut - so took it off again to check, but I hadn't. A ramp would have cut the job time in half - at least), but all done and all seems OK.

As it is rush hour there's no point trying to check the benefits at speed, but drove it around all the side roads checking steering lock, etc. No strange noises and have just checked underneath, no strange rubbing anywhere (although I'm not adverse to a bit of strange rubbing on the right occasions). :ohmy:

Unfortunately the shock boot is just touching the steering bar, but it should keep the piston cleaner (hopefully).

Job done and thanks to Mark for his encouragement (and Paul for answering my previous question today).

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2013 18:09 #65787 by nicho
Replied by nicho on topic What did you do to your jimny today
could you tell and diffrence

JivingDaddy wrote: Fitted a steering damper.

A bit of faffing about as I thought I might have cross-threaded a retaining nut - so took it off again to check, but I hadn't. A ramp would have cut the job time in half - at least), but all done and all seems OK.

As it is rush hour there's no point trying to check the benefits at speed, but drove it around all the side roads checking steering lock, etc. No strange noises and have just checked underneath, no strange rubbing anywhere (although I'm not adverse to a bit of strange rubbing on the right occasions). :ohmy:

Unfortunately the shock boot is just touching the steering bar, but it should keep the piston cleaner (hopefully).

Job done and thanks to Mark for his encouragement (and Paul for answering my previous question today).

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2013 18:17 #65789 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic What did you do to your jimny today

What kit did you go with in the end

• GWR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2013 18:19 #65790 by GWR
Replied by GWR on topic What did you do to your jimny today

dirtydogz wrote: Had my cat welded for the second time :angry: but this time by so one who can weld. :)

Or can they :whistle:

• nicho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2013 18:25 #65792 by nicho
Replied by nicho on topic What did you do to your jimny today
stuck roof rails and roof box on out way.

• GWR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2013 18:28 #65793 by GWR
Replied by GWR on topic What did you do to your jimny today
I have just received my new cat of eBay. Only came with 2 nuts and no rubbers! :angry: my exhast reducer to take the pipe from 1. 5" to 2" so technically its a increaser :silly: so when I get the chance I shall fit the cat section and the old middle section with a good chunk lopped off and the increaser attached to my 90 degree 2" bore bend with either my Devil or Harris bike can on the end :woohoo:. I bet it isn't that easy though :(

• JivingDaddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2013 18:33 #65794 by JivingDaddy
Hi Mark,

Went for the Pro Comp with the fitting bracket from Rhino Ray. The fitting bracket was a great easy fit (bolts straight onto existing holes in the bumper bracket - unnecessarily long bolts tho') and holds the damper up high and absolutely level with the steering bar. Bought a bright red shock boot so it matches the CO's Jimny but it can't be seen anyway.

Thanks again. :cheer:

• JivingDaddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2013 18:36 #65795 by JivingDaddy

nicho wrote: could you tell and diffrence

Hi Nicho,

It does seem to sit on the road better, but the real test will be bombing down an A road. Which I shall do tomorrow and will provide a further update on any/all benefits experienced.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds