BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Turbo M16A Jimny

More
23 Feb 2023 21:41 #247726 by Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2023 05:57 - 24 Feb 2023 05:58 #247729 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Turbo M16A Jimny

need to replace the steering wheel. The rubber has come loose from the metal. The jimny steering is vague enough let alone when the actual wheel moves! was looking a few options:
-replace original for same generation (looks most sensible)
-put one on from a swift sport (not sure if it will fit)
-put quick release and delete airbag (never a good idea to remove life saving devices)
any ideas?
Somebody put a Swift wheel or some other Suzuki in a Jimny with all the working wires for the steering wheel buttons. Not sure if it was here I saw it but it is possible. 
My 05 Jimny had a plastic steering wheel but my current steering wheel is from a newer 2012 (?) Jimny with nice leather and a bit thicker wheel.
No airbag warning lights came up as the airbag was moved over and was hooked up with the battery disconnected. haven't tested the airbag though, hope I'll never have to :) 

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2023 05:58 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motleycrew

More
24 Feb 2023 06:13 #247730 by Motleycrew
Replied by Motleycrew on topic Turbo M16A Jimny
Apexi air filter put on. The other Ram air one started melting on the rubber lip! Thought I would get the one that has proven performance increases whilst providing decent filtration. Car goes in dyno today. Will up from .4 bar to .55 bar (6psi to 8psi) that increase with the free flowing exhaust should really make a substantial performance increase. Nervous that it goes well. The engine hasn’t missed beat so far. 
Attachments:

More
24 Feb 2023 06:14 #247731 by Motleycrew
Does anyone know the ID of the power steering reservoir hoses? Need to relocate it

More
28 Feb 2023 17:22 #247794 by Motleycrew
Apexi air filter put on. The other Ram air one started melting on the rubber lip! Thought I would get the one that has proven performance increases whilst providing decent filtration. Car goes in dyno today. Will up from .4 bar to .55 bar (6psi to 8psi) that increase with the free flowing exhaust should really make a substantial performance increase. Nervous that it goes well. The engine hasn’t missed beat so far. 
Attachments:

More
28 Feb 2023 17:27 #247795 by Motleycrew
Half a bar of boost making 156BHP big increase in Torque low down. Standard 1.3 Jimny has 81lbf-ft and the liana m16a turbo engine is now making 148 lbs-ft!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
05 Mar 2023 06:05 #247895 by Motleycrew
I have bought a M16a sport engine to forge on the side   
Attachments:

More
10 Mar 2023 14:28 #248013 by minorsuzuki
Replied by minorsuzuki on topic Turbo M16A Jimny
Thanks for posting this info. I have a Morris Minor with a Liana engine in it. You've got me thinking.

Morris Minor Traveller with M16a Liana engine and Jimny gearbox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motleycrew

More
10 Mar 2023 19:41 #248023 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Turbo M16A Jimny

Thanks for posting this info. I have a Morris Minor with a Liana engine in it. You've got me thinking.
Sounds interesting.

More
11 Mar 2023 12:43 #248030 by Motleycrew
that would certainly turn some heads!

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds