BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Tread Lightly

More
03 Apr 2020 06:35 - 03 Apr 2020 06:39 #220615 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Tread Lightly
I only got a short message from the shop today, no pictures.... Day spent tidying up the wiring and interior......

I did get some interesting news though. Working on my car has encouraged Terry & Reece to take the red pickup out of storage and finish it to a similar standard to my car.

I've only had the briefest of conversations about it but I think it will be to a similar standard to my car with a recon gearbox, full under under body restoration and Raptor treatment, respray and a lift kit. He mentioned around 7k but I may well be a bit out.....

I'm still on cloud nine about my build so may be a bit less than impartial, I make no apologies. If you want a Jimny that will probably outlast a new one, have a serious look at this build. It will be starting in the next few weeks.

Just a thought, if somebody is in to it, if you contact him as the build starts, you would be able to tailor it to your taste....

sniper
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Apr 2020 06:39 by sniper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Apr 2020 09:56 #220618 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Tread Lightly
Both these builds look impressive bet it's horrible in a way all this waiting like a kid at Christmas, I'm excited for you

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
03 Apr 2020 10:35 #220620 by sniper
I was hoping to have it back in the next few days, the guys would have had it done to the agreed spec, today or tomorrow.

They have gone considerably further than I was expecting for my money and have done lots that I want to see.......

The cage is over and above, effectively a new job, but some of the work they would have done to lights and guards etc. to get it road legal, would have to be undone.

So as to not waste time or money, the car is staying at the workshop....... I don't even get to see it.....

Matt at WKD Fabrications is working on the cage as I type (fingers crossed). He said that 10-14 days was the normal delivery time. I'm just hoping that he bangs it out and sends it across... Waiting for a few weeks will kill me.

sniper

More
03 Apr 2020 11:49 #220623 by sniper
Interior Re-Trim

I was expecting to have to do all of this myself, so happy the shop decided to do it, Reece is very good at what he does, it looks factory....

Not forgetting, that bar a few pictures that I haven't put up, you guys are seeing as much as I am...... sod the corona virus.

It looks like the inner sills and the lower panel below the bulk head, have had a coating of Raptor. Fantastic, future proofed Jimny....

sniper
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel30, Soeley

More
03 Apr 2020 18:54 #220649 by sniper
Terry has got the red pick out and sent me these, you can see the difference in the rear quarters, the red one being built for a square bed, mine for a cage.

sniper
Attachments:

More
03 Apr 2020 18:55 #220650 by sniper
Good comparison between 215's and 205's too....

sniper

More
03 Apr 2020 20:30 #220661 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic Tread Lightly
Thats probably the best thing I've seen on this forum, two Jimny's with their back ends chopped. Both are going to be awesome builds - I personally love the look of the Jimny pickup - That's any farmers wet dream now that the new defender costs circa £40k :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper, Jimny Dr

More
03 Apr 2020 20:55 #220662 by Jimny Dr
Replied by Jimny Dr on topic Tread Lightly
Hi Dagzook
Thanks for the comment , yes they a fine looking brace and looking forward to seeing them both finished and the owners enjoying them, I run a pickup we converted 3 yrs ago as our shop truck brings a smile to my face every day

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Apr 2020 05:17 #220669 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tread Lightly
You blokes definitely have skills, Sniper is a lucky man for finding you and we are grateful for having your progress shared on here. Damn fine work and no mistake!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
04 Apr 2020 06:49 #220671 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Tread Lightly
Got me thinking now do i want a tray back / challenge truck :pinch: :unsure:

More
04 Apr 2020 12:36 #220677 by sniper
Paint

Shiny.....

sniper
Attachments:

More
04 Apr 2020 13:19 #220679 by sniper
The guys have given me a call and will be dropping the car back off at home with me.... Can't wait.....

I presume they will have it on trade plates to get it back and I won't be able to use it, no mud guards and lights. I will be able to prep and paint the rear chassis before the cage is fitted. I would also like to do something with the exhaust....

sniper

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds