BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Another Jeep from a Jimny

More
13 Oct 2019 10:42 #214692 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Another Jeep from a Jimny
4mm Al won't rattle much!

I like the overall look of this one compared to some of the reproduction steel ones.

I actually prefer the Ford front grille to the Willys slats.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Boatfixer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Oct 2019 14:16 #214696 by Boatfixer
Replied by Boatfixer on topic Another Jeep from a Jimny
Thanks Keithy - I think starting with a blank sheet made it easier to get looking right than trying to adapt something to fit. I know Bob put a lot of effort into getting the proportions to appear correct even though the jimny has a higher engine and a longer chassis.

More
11 Nov 2019 09:14 #215556 by Chris38
Replied by Chris38 on topic Another Jeep from a Jimny
I rejoined this forum specifically to follow this build. Please post details of the new build. Would love this as a kit.

• Boatfixer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2019 22:38 #215584 by Boatfixer
We are busy with a few small production alterations at the moment. We hope to have all the cad work done shortly, with a few trials done on the original prototype. We will then push the button on cutting all the bits for the next one in one batch, as we would if we sold a kit so we can get a better sense of delivery and assembly times and costs. I have made a small start on stripping the next donor but not enough to make an interesting post on here. We have had Kit Car Magazine up here taking photos for an article so keep an eye out for that appearing. The hope at the moment is to have the next one built and tested in the new year with a product launch for the kit shortly afterwards.

• Boatfixer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2019 21:07 #215809 by Boatfixer
First part of a two edition article in December's Complete Kit Car magazine out now. Loads of pictures and a lengthy write up of the original build....

• Boatfixer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Dec 2019 21:56 #216279 by Boatfixer
The January edition of Complete Kit Car magazine (out now) has the Jimny Jeep all over it.... Bob and I will have to get it together to get the next one done. It will be after Christmas now as we are both a bit busy this month but rest assured we are planning on taking this project forward. If you are interested in a kit or a complete car you can register your interest on jimneyjeep.com.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds