BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

The Low Ground Pressure Upland Tractor Build

More
13 Jan 2019 13:13 - 13 Jan 2019 13:32 #200635 by Dirtbird
Hi will be rejigging my Jimny to help me reclaim 30 acres of poor mountain side . I will be trying to keep the Jimny as stock as possible.
Hope I can use the Jimny and a small utility trailer for fencing. Toe a weed lick to treat rushes and may be build a fertilizer spreader .

Goinfg for Green Turtles DIY bumper any one whos made it will ye let me know.

I'm also using the build to train another apprentice for the Jimny rebel alliance "Listen love its time I had a chat with him "
My eldest will be learning how too:
1.Drink Cold tea
2.Stir same tea with spanners
3. Staying up too late
4. Cutting his knuckles
etc etc etc
His first job was removing the stock bumper took a while (was more interested in drilling holes in a pallet in the back of the shed )
We got there in the end

I also asked him to was wash the under side. The plan is to replace the shocks and springs over the course of the next couple of evenings.

The Lads

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Jan 2019 13:32 by Dirtbird. Reason: Missing pics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Jan 2019 16:15 #200657 by Lambert
A bonding experience, good man! If you have intentions towards lowering the ground pressure have a look at the wheels and tyres KAP use on their landmaster pickup. They aren't good for road use having a speed limit of about 25mph but for floating around on top of a bog they will see you leave side by side quad levels of disturbance.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
13 Jan 2019 16:45 #200664 by Dirtbird
Lambert I was on to Darren and got some good advice from him .

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds