BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

New to off roading!

• meerkatunita
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2015 12:30 #154937 by meerkatunita
New to off roading! was created by meerkatunita
Hi,

I've just bought a 2005 jimny with the hope to start going off roading in. My family all have off road defenders but I felt a jimny would suit me better!

So what I am hoping to do is add rock sliders, 2" lift, and some decent all terrains.

My question is, is it possible to get a second hand lift kit? They seem so expensive compared to the defender ones!
Also, what size tyres would be best with a 2" lift? Is it possible to have 16 alloys instead of the usual jimny 15's?

Sorry for all the questions I'm very new to all this!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2015 14:12 #154948 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic New to off roading!
Yes you can run 16s

Yes you can find 2nd hand lifts

2" should be able to fit 235 75 15 or 16" AT equivalent with maybe a little trimming

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds