BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

What to do?

More
06 Feb 2017 10:00 - 06 Feb 2017 10:07 #177784 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic What to do?
I'd be very concerned that if the winch is ever used the flat bar will bend and make a complete mess of the front end. Flat bar is only ever any good in tension. It has very low resistance to side forces and twisting, and the swan neck up to the receiver is putting a twisting force right in the middle of a long piece of flat. The short piece of flat from the receiver up to the cross member would bend in an instant. Not a well engineered solution I'm afraid!
Last edit: 06 Feb 2017 10:07 by Busta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zukiara
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2017 13:15 #177787 by zukiara
Replied by zukiara on topic What to do?
Thank you for your comments.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2017 17:16 #177792 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic What to do?
Good idea or not, tell the insurance company of the modification. They will use any excuse to not pay out
if you have an accident. :(

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds