BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

More
09 Apr 2016 12:18 #165078 by X8GGY
Nice photo of me and my boys... "Milo" on the left, and "Buddy" on the right... they are brothers, best friends in all the world, inseperable!

Eyes shut tight as my youngest daughter had my iPhone's flash on!... LOL :laugh:
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
11 Apr 2016 05:57 #165181 by X8GGY
Re-fitted the transfer box yesterday, and took the Jimny out for a test drive on a couple of local 'lanes...

And another Jimny arrived?! It's a soft-top '02 reg with 63k on the clock, a bit rough, but a long MOT, recent brake pipes front to back, not 100% sure what I'm doing with it yet, it was just too good to miss! :woohoo:

And then had a potter in the garage...

Went through the prop parts bin and managed to make up a spare rear prop, and also had a front prop, so at least I can carry some get-me-home spares...

B)
Attachments:
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Apr 2016 04:15 #165238 by Lambert
What you need is a high clearance car transporting trailer then you can pull the red one with you, the ultimate in get-me-home spares! :woohoo: B) :laugh:

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
14 Apr 2016 15:09 #165324 by maverick

11/60 wrote: What you need is a high clearance car transporting trailer then you can pull the red one with you, the ultimate in get-me-home spares! :woohoo: B) :laugh:

The flaw in that idea is that we don't finish where we start (I plot the routes)

Jalapeño, IISY?
  • Phatphingers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2016 18:10 #165336 by Phatphingers
Replied by Phatphingers on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

maverick wrote:

11/60 wrote: What you need is a high clearance car transporting trailer then you can pull the red one with you, the ultimate in get-me-home spares! :woohoo: B) :laugh:

The flaw in that idea is that we don't finish where we start (I plot the routes)

And often some of don't even finish...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
More
15 Apr 2016 06:58 #165345 by X8GGY
My mate / 'laning passenger Alan has been busy fettling in the garage!

A clapper board ready to use in the video of our next attempt at "The Bastard Lane" above Machynlleth! :woohoo: B)
Attachments:
More
20 Apr 2016 21:37 #165551 by X8GGY
"SZOOKYS" little brother, as yet to be named, is taking shape... I'll start a blog and a build thread on it soon, as work progresses, but here's a teaser photo -

So far, suspension lift and 235/75/15 Maxxis MTs fitted...

More on the little red one soon!...
More
20 Apr 2016 21:39 #165552 by X8GGY
One more... Big Blue meet Lil' Red...

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2016 07:31 #165562 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
Looking good Dave be careful they don't fight out there for the price parking spot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How do those 235's feel in a standard jimny drive train??
  • darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2016 11:53 #165572 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
Why don't you make the red one into a buggy.............................. :evil: oops
More
21 Apr 2016 13:07 #165575 by maverick

darthloachie wrote: Why don't you make the red one into a buggy.............................. :evil: oops

I'm not sure that RED a good colour for a Buggy?

Jalapeño, IISY?
More
21 Apr 2016 17:40 - 21 Apr 2016 17:43 #165583 by X8GGY

Daniel30 wrote: Looking good Dave be careful they don't fight out there for the price parking spot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How do those 235's feel in a standard jimny drive train??

No idea?! Waiting for a Redacted Ricklobster to hang under it ;)

Then the gearing will be correct, and the speedo...

darthloachie wrote: Why don't you make the red one into a buggy.............................. :evil: oops

Hmmm, kinda decided that a buggy is not practical for the UK (unless I win the lottery, then I'd get a tricked up Polaris RZR*)... so... the red one has a decent front hood section (like the blue one), so... today... an "IdiotMobile" fastback hardtop rear section arrived...

Then, if and when we get a sunny day... unclip it, pop it in the garage, throw the hood back, wind the windows down, and then it's as close as I can get to a buggy! LOL... then, as UK weather is bound to do, and a shower comes, wind the windows up and close the roof! LOL

(*and as the other lads in the group have said, a Polaris or similar, doesn't have sufficient ground clearance for greenlaning... so KISS and keep it Jimny 2!)
Last edit: 21 Apr 2016 17:43 by X8GGY.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds