BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Jamaican Jimny build, mon!

• JamJim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Sep 2013 20:58 #84633 by JamJim
Replied by JamJim on topic Jamaican Jimny build, mon!
re-tint complete..... no tint laws in Jamaica :silly: :silly: :silly:

also installed this pioneer headunit with bluetooth.. great stuff.. also installed a 500w amp and a 12" sub... really need to get these stock front speakers changed, they sound awful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2013 12:05 - 29 Sep 2013 12:08 #84659 by dirtydogz
Welcome to BIG JIMNY Nick B)
Nice job you done on the JIMNY so far and the tinted windows look great.
Hope you have lots of fun with your new toy.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 29 Sep 2013 12:08 by dirtydogz.

• JamJim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 02:34 #84850 by JamJim
Replied by JamJim on topic Jamaican Jimny build, mon!
Picked up these goodies today. Maxxis Bighorn 235/75/15... They seem to only be about an inch taller than the 205/70/15's I was running before. Also these 1.5" spacers

Last time seeing her like this.....

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 09:48 - 01 Oct 2013 09:51 #84871 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Jamaican Jimny build, mon!

helijohn wrote:

jonesyba420 wrote: dont think I could bring myself to attack my nice silver paint with a sander.

Leave yours alone, it's nice. ;)

thanks john your praise is appreciated B)

JamJim, im assume your planning a big lift in order to fit the tyres and spacers?!

the window tint looks awesome, jealous we cant go that dark on the front in the uk :evil:

where did you squeeze the sub in? miss my sub big time, ive got a 15incher (obviously wont fit unless i remove back seats) but ive also got a 12inch that i could fit but it wont just go in the boot :(
Last edit: 01 Oct 2013 09:51 by jonesyba420.

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 10:19 #84876 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Jamaican Jimny build, mon!

jonesyba420 wrote:

helijohn wrote:

jonesyba420 wrote: dont think I could bring myself to attack my nice silver paint with a sander.

JamJim, im assume your planning a big lift in order to fit the tyres and spacers?!

the window tint looks awesome, jealous we cant go that dark on the front in the uk :evil:

where did you squeeze the sub in? miss my sub big time, ive got a 15incher (obviously wont fit unless i remove back seats) but ive also got a 12inch that i could fit but it wont just go in the boot :(

Would be good for shaking the rust out though :eek:

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 10:33 #84877 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Jamaican Jimny build, mon!

GuardianAngel wrote:

jonesyba420 wrote:

helijohn wrote:

had the 15" in my old car with a 1500watt amp and it used to set car alarms off B)

it now resides in my bedroom which i bet the neighbors love it (not) especially when im pumping out dubstep :woohoo:

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 10:39 #84880 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re:Re: Jamaican Jimny build, mon!

jonesyba420 wrote:

GuardianAngel wrote:

jonesyba420 wrote:

helijohn wrote:

had the 15" in my old car with a 1500watt amp and it used to set car alarms off B)

it now resides in my bedroom which i bet the neighbors love it (not) especially when im pumping out dubstep :woohoo:

"Yoof" of today :mad:

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 10:54 #84884 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Re:Re: Jamaican Jimny build, mon!
depends what you class as "yoof" im 28 end of oct so not some 17yr old boy racer (am at heart tho deep down but arnt we all :laugh: ).

you cant beat a nice savage bass line vibrating your internal organs :woohoo:

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 10:59 #84885 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re:Re: Re:Re: Jamaican Jimny build, mon!

jonesyba420 wrote: depends what you class as "yoof" im 28 end of oct so not some 17yr old boy racer (am at heart tho deep down but arnt we all :laugh: ).

Pa! Thats young. I'm 37 going on 67 :)

But I like a bit of DnB but my favourite at the moment is a bit of Country :)

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 11:04 #84886 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Re:Re: Re:Re: Jamaican Jimny build, mon!

GuardianAngel wrote:

jonesyba420 wrote: depends what you class as "yoof" im 28 end of oct so not some 17yr old boy racer (am at heart tho deep down but arnt we all :laugh: ).

Pa! Thats young. I'm 37 going on 67 :)

But I like a bit of DnB but my favourite at the moment is a bit of Country :)

cant beat abit of DnB, been listening to these alot lately cant get enough :laugh:

cotton eye joe is about as country as id ever go :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cheer: :cheer:

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 12:42 #84892 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic Jamaican Jimny build, mon!

jonesyba420 wrote:

helijohn wrote:

Have a look in some cars at the breakers, a lot of std cars have a sub built in, and they fit them in the smallest of places so there pretty versatile, 206 cc often have a slim sub box in them that can be modified to go anywhere, (my cousin had one in his l200 behind the rear seats) fiat pintos are another, along with all sorts of audis and high end motors.

Don't get me wrong they don't kick like a decent 12" or 15" but for a little bit of bass they are spot on and you can usually fit them under the seats :)

More
01 Oct 2013 18:36 #84913 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Jamaican Jimny build, mon!
I've never been able to take prolonged loud music. 20 mins of Robin Thicke and I'm done. Even younger I could take the Troggs for a few hours then enough. Quo last a bit longer mind. :laugh:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds