BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Scotland Trip 2023

More
30 Aug 2023 20:14 #250585 by Soeley
Scotland Trip 2023 was created by Soeley
Just got back from a fantastic few days up in Scotland and the Isle of Arran. Friday to Tuesday.

Friday night we wild camped about an hours drive from the ferry port (no picture).

Waiting for the ferry at Ardrossan.

Lagg Distlery

Kings Caves

First brew at Lochranza campsite. (Saturday and Sunday Night)

Lochranza Castle.

Waiting for the ferry at Brodick back to the mainland.

Newton Farm campsite, Dumfries and Galloway.

Morning View from my penthouse room.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, yakuza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Aug 2023 03:29 #250587 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Scotland Trip 2023
Not jealous of you at all!!! Making me miss the wild North though.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
31 Aug 2023 05:22 - 31 Aug 2023 05:32 #250588 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Scotland Trip 2023
Beautiful! So great to get out, and nice to travel with friends!
I like the foldable fireplace.

Lovely wavy rocks at the beach. The Scotland coast is much like the Norwegian coast. Reminds us it is not so far to cross the sea.

What is the general opinion on the tourists stone stacking like on the kings caves? Here we tear them down if we see them. Stacking of stones was a means of communication in our countries before the viking age and many feel these tourist stackings is an insult to our history, and most of us is trying to "leave no trace"...
Ancient rock carving sites and right next to them it says "Macek 2019"
Trying hard not to be bothered, but very difficult :)

One place here in Norway, on a mountain, they often need to recieve the ambulance helicopter (for the tourists). But every time they need to run around first on the landing site and flatten the stupid stone stacks so the Helicopter can land there.. :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2023 05:32 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
31 Aug 2023 08:40 #250593 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Scotland Trip 2023
Very nice. I have been to Arran 3 or 4 times but never with a vehicle (left it on the mainland) and backpacked/cycled round the island but that was 25+ years ago, perhaps we should go back. We’re currently staying in a cottage in the Scottish highlands, but without the Jimny, she says there is not enough space for all of the kit and the dog. #TwoCarsNextTime.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
31 Aug 2023 20:51 #250603 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Scotland Trip 2023

Beautiful! So great to get out, and nice to travel with friends!
I like the foldable fireplace.

Lovely wavy rocks at the beach. The Scotland coast is much like the Norwegian coast. Reminds us it is not so far to cross the sea.

What is the general opinion on the tourists stone stacking like on the kings caves? Here we tear them down if we see them. Stacking of stones was a means of communication in our countries before the viking age and many feel these tourist stackings is an insult to our history, and most of us is trying to "leave no trace"...
Ancient rock carving sites and right next to them it says "Macek 2019"
Trying hard not to be bothered, but very difficult :)

One place here in Norway, on a mountain, they often need to recieve the ambulance helicopter (for the tourists). But every time they need to run around first on the landing site and flatten the stupid stone stacks so the Helicopter can land there.. :)
The folding fire pit was very good, this was its first outing, I got it as I knew the mesh one was on its way out. £50 from Amazon.

I think there are mixed views on stone stacking (cairns)  www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45146681

More
31 Aug 2023 20:54 #250604 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Scotland Trip 2023

Very nice. I have been to Arran 3 or 4 times but never with a vehicle (left it on the mainland) and backpacked/cycled round the island but that was 25+ years ago, perhaps we should go back. We’re currently staying in a cottage in the Scottish highlands, but without the Jimny, she says there is not enough space for all of the kit and the dog. #TwoCarsNextTime.
This was my first time on Arran, been to the Isle of Skye a couple of times years ago. There is only room for me by the time I've loaded the car up 

More
31 Aug 2023 22:53 #250607 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Scotland Trip 2023
Great to learn that you completed your trip to and from the island of Arran as the Calmac ferry service can be rather challenging to rely on. The local economy will also have benefitted from your injection of spending money - unless like many tourists you brought all your food with you, packed into the Jimny's crevices. You will have discovered that Scotland is very short of public access tracks, where you could explore the off-road capabilities of your Jimny..

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds