BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:The Jimny of the Yakuza

More
07 Jan 2019 10:26 - 07 Jan 2019 10:29 #200116 by Max Headroom
Yep

Norway is a stunning place and I'm lucky to have been able to go there for several months at a time with the RAF (even if it was under duress and in tented accomodation!).
If it wasn't so expensive I would go back there again and again in a prvate capacity. It's a real winter wonderland in the snowy season but I'd like see it in the summer B) :)

Good that the boat wasn't harmed!
Years ago in the early 80s we had a big storm here - My little MG was in a row of rented garages, the roof ripped off one of the garages and thrust the whole lot into through, and into, the garage next to the one my MG was in, Not a scratch on my car, and very lucky there was nothing parked in the garage next to mine where all the roof ended up or it would have been a write-off

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 07 Jan 2019 10:29 by Max Headroom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2019 12:08 #200117 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic The Jimny of the Yakuza

Max Headroom wrote: Yep

Norway is a stunning place and I'm lucky to have been able to go there for several months at a time with the RAF (even if it was under duress and in tented accomodation!).
If it wasn't so expensive I would go back there again and again in a prvate capacity. It's a real winter wonderland in the snowy season but I'd like see it in the summer B) :)

If you come I could take you boating in the fjord. It would be a much better trip than the guided ones. One festival place 15 minutes out the fjord, with pub/restuarant, 10 minutes south nice cafe on a "pier", old high class Hotel. Further 20 minutes south a champagne vinery (!) is starting up now.. and yet another festival in there..

Max Headroom wrote: Good that the boat wasn't harmed!
Years ago in the early 80s we had a big storm here - My little MG was in a row of rented garages, the roof ripped off one of the garages and thrust the whole lot into through, and into, the garage next to the one my MG was in, Not a scratch on my car, and very lucky there was nothing parked in the garage next to mine where all the roof ended up or it would have been a write-off

You'll never know with the wind. This one didn't knock down the empty bins 50 m to the east, but broke down trees, cut power lines and did the boat shed in a 100m narrow channel down the mountain side.
Boat shed has stood there through a couple of hurricanes earlier when the waves took out tons of rocks right next to it but with the opposite wind direction.. This time phones was out for three days and power out for one day in a fjord near by.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom

More
13 Jan 2019 21:43 #200686 by Max Headroom
Yakuza

Sorry for the delayed response - I somehow missed your last entry. (and a whole bunch of others)

Thank you for your offer of a boat trip along your fjord - I'd definitely take you up on that offer! The whole area where you are sounds fascinating.

This evening my wife called because we had very high winds at home, and she was concerned not only for me driving back in it, but for a fence that was thought about to turn into a kite.
Curiously only 14 miles away where I work it just wasn't very windy at all - and I work on an airfield. Airfields are nearly always windy!

Weird

More
27 Jan 2019 11:38 #201829 by yakuza

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Attachments:

More
21 Feb 2019 16:21 #203590 by yakuza

One happy day!

Anyone see why?

Attachments:

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2019 17:21 #203592 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic The Jimny of the Yakuza

yakuza wrote:
One happy day!

Anyone see why?

You managed to close the door, and the car just went up in value with lower km`s? :laugh:

You succeeded fixing it? :)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Feb 2019 19:54 #203607 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic The Jimny of the Yakuza
No brake warning! What was the cause?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
21 Feb 2019 22:05 #203623 by yakuza
Finally found a cluster here in Norway.
Actually from the same car as my gearbox and steering wheel..

Funny how sometimes when i ask the company they have compressed the wreck, and sometimes they still have it, and sometimes they cannot find the parts...

Chaninging the cluster did help, so relieved.
But not surprised as i have tried the other suggestions.

So have to find out what to do about the milage now..

More
27 Feb 2019 19:19 #203896 by yakuza
Got my mount back from powder coating today.

Might be a bit much.. :)

The light themselves are cheap. Might be changing the bulbs for xenon but with summer coming there will be no need now..

Attachments:

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Feb 2019 20:05 #203897 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic The Jimny of the Yakuza
Looking good! Im obviously a fan of 3 lamps on the jimny.. It makes the front look a bit more...tough?

Go xenon for sure, never enough light :)

More
27 Feb 2019 20:17 #203900 by yakuza
No room for four 7 inch lamps. Not without getting trouble opening the hood.

More
27 Feb 2019 22:13 #203908 by Max Headroom

yakuza wrote: ... Not without getting trouble opening the hood.

The hood? You have a convertible then?

:evil:

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds