BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Little "Ooky"

More
31 Jan 2011 12:45 #10703 by ooky_123
It took the Polish guys who rose to the challenge 30 minutes to clean (2 of them working). as I left, the boss was complaining about the mess !!! ... well worth the £15 I have them. They even gave me a de-odourant :)

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lukeyblunt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2011 21:10 #10725 by lukeyblunt
Replied by lukeyblunt on topic Re:Ooky's new boots ... almost there !!!

ooky_123 wrote: Another brilliant day out on the Plains today, hope to post some videos as soon as the the raw footage has been edited.

Here's the end result]

lol Mud everywhere but the Tyres !!

More
31 Jan 2011 21:25 #10727 by ooky_123
Yes, sorry about that, I guess fording the river to get back to a main road and the 18 mile drive home has something to do with it ... Lost another 2 treadblocks too ... :(

More
20 Jun 2011 16:37 #18050 by ooky_123
Rocklobster finally fitted and tested .... WOW !!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Need to do more work on the actual position of the transfer stick, but I now have enough of space to test out 4low ...

Initially I thought something was wrong as I pulled off in 5th, only doing 5 mph !!..

there are a few quirks with this new transfer case I am going to have to get used to, but on the whole, im genuinly shocked.

Now, the question that needs to be asked is 31's or 33's ? :evil: :whistle:

More
20 Jun 2011 19:45 #18063 by supergaz
Go 33's. I regret selling my old pajero with new 33's on, but we never know how things are going to work out.

• NickG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jun 2011 21:24 #18068 by NickG
Replied by NickG on topic Re: Little "Ooky"
33" is the way to go (with Big arches ).;) ;)
mine feels very stable ,and spot on off road
Nice one :)

More
21 Jun 2011 03:19 #18075 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Little "Ooky"
Well done Jason, I know you've wanted to get that fitted for a while. Did you go for 4.16 or 6.1?

I had my fabricator friend bend up my stick one evening. He spent a while getting it right, heating it up, bending and twisting it. I felt quite bad as he was due to go home but told me to bring it down to him. Then he insisted on painting it for me - he's a perfectionist! So I was OK but you do need someone with the ability to heat it red hot and the want to help you.

I wouldn't go too large on the tyres or on road work will be a pain and you'll run out of puff. I don't know how NickG finds his on fast roads??? Nick???

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
21 Jun 2011 07:10 #18077 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Little "Ooky"
As much as I really want to go Monster on the tyres, Im probably going to go with the 31's .. that way I can still use my current 7J wheels and as Redacted has said, the speedo on this 4.16 box is calibrated for 31's. It also gives me more "Room" for articulation and, if I keep the 30mm spacers too, then the tyres will still fit the pending wide arches :woohoo:

The bend on the stick isnt fantastic, I have modified some of the opening in the bodywork and I can select all drive modes but it is fouling the handbrake a little, so I need to "play" with it to get a final location. I dont want to hassle my garage too much because they are always busy, and are tacked onto a main dealer who gets arsey if my jimny is always parked on the ramps (I usually pay them in beer / cakes). Front wheel bearings will be done next month, I will get them to re-bend it fo rme then.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds