BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Panhard Rod Mount

• mudholer
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Dec 2010 09:26 - 13 Dec 2010 09:28 #7420 by mudholer
Panhard Rod Mount was created by mudholer
Hi All

New to the forum, but been around Zuks a while though ;)

Recently fitted KAP 3" spring lift with new radius arms and HD panhard rods etc etc with 31"s to 03 reg, done 65k.

Took it for its first outing yesterday, everything fine, running on-road at 70mph lovely on the way there. Took it round a few trials, nothing too strenuous and then tried the run home, got 100 yards from the site and the 'Death wobble' ensued. Looks like the panhard rod mount holes have elongated on the front allowing the pandhard rod to move 10mm. It was certainly ok when we fitted the new rod and was fine on the way to the site so can only have happened during a bit of gentle(ish) off-roading. Is this a common fault???

Are you supposed to reinforce the mounts, along with all the other little wrinkles you don't find out about until after you've fitted the kit?
Last edit: 13 Dec 2010 09:28 by mudholer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2010 09:38 #7421 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: Panhard Rod Mount
I have not heard of the panhard rod mounts elongating and I seem to be pretty tough on my car. I have mainly experienced the Leading Arm (Radius Arm) mounting holes elongating. 10 mm is a lot of movement, I would have though there was hardly enough room in the mount to elongate that much. Are you sure the bushes inside haven't collapsed in some way, someone else on this forum was reporting a possible problem with a batch of bushes from KAP?

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• mudholer
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Dec 2010 09:49 #7422 by mudholer
Replied by mudholer on topic Re: Panhard Rod Mount
Hi Martin

Long time no see!

I haven't had a chance to take the bolt out yet but the bolt itself moves relative to the front bracket so i can only assume the hole has elongated. I can't imagine the bolt has worn and the bushes are Suzuki originals and didn't seem to have been damaged at all.

John

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds