× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Broken Front Bump Stop

More
18 Sep 2024 04:54 - 18 Sep 2024 04:59 #257563 by yakuza
Rust killed my original bump stop, resulting in body damage when the wheel got pushed too far in and up. Pushed the fender into the door and as i was stuck in very deep mud I could not open the drivers door and had to open the passenger door and bent the edge of the fender where it hit the door.
Chicks dig body damage so I'll live with that, might straighten it a bit and add some paint or something to the body.

The center tube inside the spring in the top has rusted out and broken and the rubber was loose inside the spring.

I will be replacing the steel tube so it again can center the spring in the seat and hold the rubber. There will be welding and maybe a bolt thru the center. 

Hoping to find steel tube that fits at work, looks like 60 or 63mm hydraulic tube might fit just fine.

I can see some store offers the complete weld in piece with the spring seat but that would mean ordering and high cost. also there is alternative bump stops but I have the bottom extensions from trailmaster so I do not need to extend the top as well. 

Does anyone have any tips, anyone seen any aftermarket stuff that looks good or any enhancement here to do that is smart? 

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2024 04:59 by yakuza.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2024 17:05 #257572 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Broken Front Bump Stop
What's postage from Poland like 
Just popped part number into allegro.pl 
57810-84A00 

Just a thought 

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds