× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Is extending brake hoses different for a gen3 Jimny with ABS vs without?

More
14 Sep 2024 07:11 - 14 Sep 2024 07:12 #257527 by RaggieJimny
Thanks all! You are right about the 2 rear hoses I think.

I emailed David from Llama 4x4 who said the same, "As far as I have ever done for Jimnys with ABS they are the same on the front but the rear has two hoses (same as each other) rather than just one on the rear." It is just a standard hose configuration with an extra rear hose (or at least on UK spec it is)."

Hel also said the same, "Any difference in the NON ABS / ABS kits for the Gen 3 JB43 will be limited to the rear lines only – the front lines will be identical."

Regardless, I thiiiiiink what I will do instead of trying to order lines in and get it done at once, I'll just get the lift in and take it somewhere to get some hoses made (hopefully I'm using the right terminology here ). I might get a quote first and see what ends up being cheaper! 

Appreciate all the help!! I'll try to update whatever happens here for anyone else's future reference (hopefully with some piccies of before and after the lift too hehe).
Last edit: 14 Sep 2024 07:12 by RaggieJimny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motacilla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds